#16 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:30 AM

I tired that.

I went to the Post Office with all the bits filled out, and they said that it can't be done that way & I would need to contact the Vehicle Registration Office to find out how to do it. When I called them, they said the car could not be taxed without the V5c, even it I went to the VRO office in Stockton, they wouldn't accept the V62 and V10. They needed me to send the V62 to them, get the new log book in the post and then tax the car with the V10 in a Post Office :(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,412 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Annoying.
Take the car back to the seller and tell them to lump it then.
They've lied to you and sold you an undrivable car therefore your contract with them should be void.

#18 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:23 PM

That's what I'm going to do I think. Never been so annoyed with a company before!!

Thank you for your help, I'll let you know what they say.

#19 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,412 posts
Contributor

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

It's a shocking state of affairs when they sell you a car you can't legally drive.
TBH, they should not have sold it on until they had the V5C in their posession, how do they even know it's not stolen or cloned?
I would also be seriously looking into compensation for expenses and inconvenience, take them to the cleaners.

#20 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Dealer has come back to me and said that it's all just unfortunate set of circumstances.This is the official line i got;

The previous owner has requested a log book and paid the £25 charge, this was ordered on the 20th January so plenty of time for the DVLA to dispatch a new one and me to re-tax the vehicle in February. When the previous owner requested the log book she also put in writing to the DVLA that she was no longer the owner. Her log book was apparently sent by the DVLA but she has still not received it (I have experienced this myself with the DVLA on a few occasions during my time in the motor trade)
I then took it upon myself to tax the car via a V62 and V10 in your name as the previous owner had assigned the car to trade. DVLA stated this was not possible as the car was not assigned to the trade, we then tried to tax the vehicle in the previous owners name and DVLA refused to do so stating that the car was not registered to her. After countless hours on the phone and visits to the DVLA we have recently discovered that the DVLA WILL NOT TAX until the 22nd February as this is the date that there systems will transfer ownership. There is no way around it and I personally cannot believe that a government organisation can be so unhelpful in a situation where no one has done anything wrong

He's been very apologetic and offered to proved me with a hire car until the tax is sorted, plus £100 for the trouble so far.

Truth be told, I just want shot of the car and want to start again (the car I used in part ex has already been sold), just with a different dealer.

What do you guys think?

#21 DieselPig

DieselPig

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCi
  • Year: 2011

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Your getting a courtesy car and £100, bargain! Don't blame the car, the dealers being helpful, take it and be thankfull he's being helpful.

#22 sambooka

sambooka

Sam Oglesby

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Name: sam
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta tdci zetec s
  • Year: 2011

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Even though the they have made a bit of a mess of it at least the dealer is offering a courtesy car until it can be sorted and 100 as good will

#23 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

OK!

In the end, they couldn't get a courtesy car up here so they gave another £100 to compensate.

Got the tax, service book and cheque through this morning. Only downside now I've finally got the service book, it's only got a partial history instead of full, and a post-it note saying the book wasn't stamped by mistake!! A little annoying, but hey ho.

Soooooooo glad it's finally sorted though!

#24 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 14,412 posts
Contributor

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

What a trial of your patience.
Hopefully you get to enjoy your car now.

#25 stuartr26

stuartr26

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Name: Stuart
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 125
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

What a nightmare! Never seen anything quite so bad and I've seen a few stories!! What was the dealer you used? So I can avoid them...

#26 Mustaine8661

Mustaine8661

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hills Ford in Kidderminster.

The car is the cats whiskers to drive, and that extra torque makes a huge difference in acceleration from 50 to 70!

It also makes the most random squeaking sound once you turned the engine off - almost like something is still spinning....

Really am so happy it's sorted!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users