Photo

Hi All, New Fezzy 1.4 Tdci (Stunned Slug) Owner ;) Piccies :)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 gusferlus

gusferlus

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: mondeo tdci 130 (6)

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hello everyone, i started out last year (January) buying a motorcycle for £1500.00 and swapped it for another, then another, then went back to cars citroen c4 coupe 2.0 hdi vts with a fair amount of rear quarter panel damage and now i have this wonderful (yet veeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy slow) fiesta 1.4 tdci style with 110k but has full comprehensive service history, all past mots and in fab condition (no trolley dinks whatsoever) 1 previous owner and has mot till oct 13 and (£30) tax till end of may. All past mot certs with no advisories.
I will post pics of how it was when i got it (had already detailed it tho in pics, then i added the following
17" momo warrior alloys (mint)
heko wind deflectors
4x new genuine mud flaps
and i have "de-tangoed" the headlights.

I am a 38 year old !Removed! so the car suits me really lol, and i am being a little mean saying how slow she is as really for around 6o-odd bhp she is quite nippy when i need her to be :)
Anyway, here goes..........

NOT BAD REALLY TO SAY A £3K CAR STANDS ME AT £1500.00 :)

(WHEN I GOT HER 0155/0157/0158)

(now 1 WEEK LATER THE REST)

TO DO LIST.......

Lower 30-40mm
stubby alloy aerial
"somehow" colour code door bump strips"??
maybe later get st kit bumpers etc?
OR......let it go and buy a zetec s/st 150??

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0157.JPG
  • IMG_0158.JPG
  • IMG_0554.JPG
  • IMG_0573.JPG
  • IMG_0574.JPG
  • IMG_0155.JPG
  • IMG_0576.JPG
  • IMG_0577.JPG
  • IMG_0579.JPG
  • IMG_0580.JPG
  • IMG_0581.JPG

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 FOCA

FOCA

Feet on the table

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • Name: FOCA
  • Ford Model: Mondeo Mk3 Sleeper 194 flb.p.t.
  • Year: Non
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Nice car - looks good, but can't help thinking it would feel very slow compared to your motorcycles and at your age the insurance (probably) won't break the bank

Rather than spending a lot of money on the 1.4 (and probably not get as good a result) you may be better/ more cost effective starting off with an ST150 and lowering/ modifiing it.

They are good all- round cars with a good balance of power/ handling and decent economy too - the 38 year age is important, if you were 18 it might be different :)

#3 gusferlus

gusferlus

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Nice car - looks good, but can't help thinking it would feel very slow compared to your motorcycles and at your age the insurance (probably) won't break the bank

Rather than spending a lot of money on the 1.4 (and probably not get as good a result) you may be better/ more cost effective starting off with an ST150 and lowering/ modifiing it.

They are good all- round cars with a good balance of power/ handling and decent economy too - the 38 year age is important, if you were 18 it might be different :)

Haha yes, the main reason though i have diesel cars is mainly for the cost effectiveness of them. This little bugger seems to run on fresh air, tax is £30 pa and believe it or not the insurance (39 next month) fully comp protected for this is still a mighty £320.00 pa and i have 11 years (full) NCD!
We are currently paying for a £5000 holiday to egypt in July otherwise i would look for something less economical to run. I have been offered 2 (blue) ST150's already on (05) plates but ideally if i were to get one, i would like the MK6.5.
I also have a clean drivers license and it has been (touch wood) since passing my test at 17 almost (22 years ago!).
Anyway, thanks for the input, nice talking to ya. :)

#4 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

Haha yes, the main reason though i have diesel cars is mainly for the cost effectiveness of them. This little bugger seems to run on fresh air, tax is £30 pa and believe it or not the insurance (39 next month) fully comp protected for this is still a mighty £320.00 pa and i have 11 years (full) NCD!
We are currently paying for a £5000 holiday to egypt in July otherwise i would look for something less economical to run. I have been offered 2 (blue) ST150's already on (05) plates but ideally if i were to get one, i would like the MK6.5.
I also have a clean drivers license and it has been (touch wood) since passing my test at 17 almost (22 years ago!).
Anyway, thanks for the input, nice talking to ya. :)

Hi and welcome , nice looking Fez , wow that insurance is high , i pay 225 for fully comp on a Focus Titanium X 1.6 Ecoboost

#5 danfocuszetec

danfocuszetec

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 zetec
  • Year: 2000

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

hi and welcome nice car, your insurance is high ive got a focus 1.8 zetec and im only 24 with 4 years no claims and my insurance is £250 fully comp. and in may when im 25 and have 5years no claims it goes down to £150 yeah thats 15per month its amazing.

#6 gusferlus

gusferlus

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

hi and welcome nice car, your insurance is high ive got a focus 1.8 zetec and im only 24 with 4 years no claims and my insurance is £250 fully comp. and in may when im 25 and have 5years no claims it goes down to £150 yeah thats 15per month its amazing.

Wow, who are you guys using for insurance? I have used all the comparison sites and thats the cheapest i get?
Regards, Andy.

#7 gusferlus

gusferlus

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Found that biggest insurance premium is to do with where you live (post code) Grrrrrrrrr!

#8 danfocuszetec

danfocuszetec

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Name: Dan
  • Ford Model: focus 1.8 zetec
  • Year: 2000

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

im with churchill mines probs so cheap as its kept in a locked garage over night and most days as i live so close to work i dont use it that much shopping visiting family etc.

#9 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 15,237 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Welcome to the Forum.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users