Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Here

Jamesabetts

Hi there,

I am about to buy my first car which will be a Fiesta Zetec from 2000.

I am no good with cars and how they work, but I do love to drive.

I will be needing my car with work a lot.

I was just wondering... what do I need to look out for when buying this fiesta?

Regards,

James Betts

I was just wondering... what do I need to look out for when buying this fiesta?

(My phone wont select the bottom line of text, what im saying is dont have too much fun on the test drive B) )

Hi, welcome on to the forum, its a great forum having only just jouned a few weeks ago myself,

Things to look out for, well check all ofmthe normals, stick your head underneath to check for rust, ask for the engine to be run, does it sound okay? Tyre condition and then just look at the engine check for any leaks of anything (oil/coolant) younshoukd probably also ask for a test drive, then ask to look at the sercice history, have a quick look for any major repairs, oh and i almost forgot look in the boot and check for bottles of oil and coolant or anything else that would suggest that the car drinks any fluids, if so question it or refer to the service history,

Common fiesta problems:

Water Pump failure

Coil Pack failure

Rust under door seals

Other than those 3 im not sure on any others, maybe someone coukd add some more, i learnt to drive in a mk5 zetec s, and got myself a mk6 thinking it would be similar, it is in some ways while in others the mk6 is much better, one thing for sure is you will have fun in any fiesta, just dont have too much or you will break it, and defiately

Who are you buying the car from? Given its age I assume private therefore you have no warranty or comeback if its a heap of cr*p! Take someone who is knowledgeable about cars with you. Its an old car and could be bodged up to hide rust, badly serviced and thrashed.

Hello and welcome to the forums James, look forward to seeing pics of the new motor if you go ahead and purchase it

Hi and Welcome to the Forums