AJ_sXe

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

Looking at the module I have, and the module image Nath has posted, there seem to be two types of loom as my module has a different type of USB connector to the one Nath has posted an image of.

My module also seems to have as slight difference in the main plug socket so that cable may also be different.

I do know the connectors that attach to the stereo changed at some point in 2010 but seeing as the used 12-button stereo I have bought and fitted fits all my current cabling all I need is the same type of loom that I have but with the extra wires for the module, mic and USB cable, I just need to find the FINIS code for this one now.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Name: Espen
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2009

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

This is seems like a chaos for me. I dont think I will get a grasp on this before i have all the parts and can see what plug goes where.

The BT modules have different usb ports, but that is just for the cable going to the usb port in front of the handbrake right?

And the GEM module, is that even involved? I thought the BT module was just a "extension" to the radio. But when thinking about it again, and the fact that it needs to be coded with IDS, then it makes kinda sense that the GEM is involved.

Have the two parrot harnesses ready on order if I end up buying the "wrong" 2010 stereo.

Also bought the BT module now. Got the 8M5T-19C112-AR,  Not sure what year it is, or wich looms, but that i can worry about later :)

#33 AJ_sXe

AJ_sXe

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

This is seems like a chaos for me. I dont think I will get a grasp on this before i have all the parts and can see what plug goes where.

The BT modules have different usb ports, but that is just for the cable going to the usb port in front of the handbrake right?

And the GEM module, is that even involved? I thought the BT module was just a "extension" to the radio. But when thinking about it again, and the fact that it needs to be coded with IDS, then it makes kinda sense that the GEM is involved.

Have the two parrot harnesses ready on order if I end up buying the "wrong" 2010 stereo.

Also bought the BT module now. Got the 8M5T-19C112-AR,  Not sure what year it is, or wich looms, but that i can worry about later :)

Don't worry about this melting your brain, I've been trying to do this for the better part of a year on and off!

#34 gingertom

gingertom

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2
  • Year: 2014

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:41 PM

The GEM is irrelevent nothing has to plug into it. The ids updates the stored values for what is wired in the car.

I can only talk about what i got which was for a car pre 2010.

The main loom had the big connector for the loom and a plug which went up to the control panel. My unit had two sockets on the back one of which was replaced, i left the replaced one disconnected. I think there were two other connectors on the loom, one going to the a piller into which the wiring to the mic connects, i cant remember if there was another and where it went. I think there were two separate cables which went from the bluetooth module to the centre console usb socket

#35 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Thats more like how I also imagined it would be. Well i guess theres just 4-5 days with the shipping and Ill get my firsthand experience on this, My headuunit should have 2 connectors on it as well, beeing a 2009. 

#36 thegame1512

thegame1512

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Name: B
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7
  • Year: 2011

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Neps where didnyou buy the BT module?

#37 thegame1512

thegame1512

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

Sorry for hijacking your topic with some off topic pics. I just didn't want to create a new topic for it. Perhaps you are interested in making these extra retrofits as well :D

Is this indeed the location of the ambient temp sensor?

Is this the correct fusebox for the powerfolding mirrors? Can I order the plastic mirror things now for mounting it? ( I reuse the painted covers and glass)

#38 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

I bought everything on ebay.

#39 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ok, so my 2010 headunit got dispatched today. They did obviously not care about the messages I sent them, both on ebay and regular e-mail.

But as far as i can tell, the CD-player/headunit is the same? Its just the controlpanel where the buttons are, and the display that I need to change. Can anyone confirm this?

If thats true, then i can keep my old cdplayer, and just swap the controlpanel and display. With no need to make my own adaptio harness from 2009connectors to 2010 connector

#40 thegame1512

thegame1512

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

CD players are the same to all the models. I'm sure you need different plugs for the module, the display i'm not sure.

Does anyone know if this is the only difference between pre and post 2010 models? Can I (2011) use the BT module, mic etc from a 2009 Fiesta?

#41 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

The module comes later, I dont even know wich year that one comes from :) 

Will be a puzzle to get this together. The harness is the cheap part here, would be sad If i need to buy another BT module or headunit.

#42 thegame1512

thegame1512

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

On the bright side, we both need the different parts so if any of us buys the wrong bits we can exchange them ;)

#43 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

Sure, but still. Shipping back and forth across Europe :)

I popped off my plasticcover above the display this weekend. Looked like im not the first behind that cover. The screws to the stereo had alots of marks from tools.

#44 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,568 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Can I (2011) use the BT module, mic etc from a 2009 Fiesta?

Should work fine :)

#45 neps

neps

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ok, so I managed to swap the headunit, and they are sending me one from a 2009. Meanwhile I had allready orderet the two harnesses required to adapt a 2010 style connector to the two 2009 styles.. Oh well, Im not patient enough :)

The BT module is also dispatched now. 

Now, the harness loom to the BT module, in the part list from iNath, its called:

"1710952 (1633151) - Fiesta 2010-Wiring BT/VC Phone Interface + USB Connect "

Does this mean this is for 2010 models only?  

I would love to have a simple sketch to see where theese harness connects to. I know it goes from BT module to Mic, and to USB port. But the rest? Does it replace one of the plugs going to the head unit? 

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users