Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium Screen - Repair Or Replace?

021C

Morning guys,

Driving home last night I managed to get a decent chip / crack in my front screen. I've never had anything this bad before and although it's on the passenger side and not within my line of vision it's just about at the limits of what most advise for injection; not to mention annoying!

ffscreen_chip.jpg

I'm aware that the heated screens are fairly expensive, plus I also have auto lights / wipers.

Therefore I'm looking for advice - Repair for free or get the screen replaced for £70?

I'm not bothered either way, but considering the screen has gained a few small chips during the time Ive owned it, it's probably worth replacing.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Stu

That is a replacement, anything beyond 5p in size is not really eligible for a repair unfortunately.

Have a word with your insurer, as most offer windscreen cover with no or little excess. Most insurers also "wont affect your no claims bonus" however, check the small print as most DO FREEZE the no claims bonus for one year.

Thanks

I was going off the scale a lot of the big screen places use, but felt that this was on the large size.

Being a bit OCD I would never be happy with a repair :)

Stu

lol, I know what you mean.

I think that the 5p tends to be the general repair or replace, but it sounds like you already made your mind up on this one. Contact your insurer and see what the repercussions are for a replacement

Replacement arranged. Just waiting for the call back to give me a time.

I appreciate others may come along with differing opinions, but thought a post like this might be useful for other Focus owners who are unsure.

Stu

its a fair point, dont accept any less than what you have, my last replacement would have been a sheet of glass, I had to argue the point that its factory fit and send photos of the fitments before they accepted it, dont let them give you one without the sensors though!!

• 2 years later...

Replacement arranged. Just waiting for the call back to give me a time.

I appreciate others may come along with differing opinions, but thought a post like this might be useful for other Focus owners who are unsure.

Stu

How did this end up? Were you happy with the replacement screen and did the replacement go well? I'm interested as I have just had an HGV throw up a stone that chipped my windscreen directly above the stearing wheel about 2.5 inches from the top of the screen, it's like a bullseye chip and a star break chip together about 3/4 - 1 inch in size and I have to wait 11 days for mine to get replaced!

I should add this was on the FIRST day of my holiday!!!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club