Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Zetec S 1.6 Mk 2.5 Can-Bus

atherm3

Hi all

I am looking at upgrading my bulbs to LED clusters and whatnot. When i look at various different things it seems that there are "No Warning" ones designed for CAN-bus electrical systems

Does anyone know if the MK 2.5 used that method in it's electrical system?

Thanks in advance

Mark

(still an utter noob)

If you use LED's for most lights, but not indicators you should be fine, I think only the Titanium has any CAN BUS warning, but may be mistaken.

I am in the process of upgrading all the bulbs on my Zetec CMAX (except indicators) to get the best look, 2/3 brake lights and the reverse lights and no problems.

Would using canbus compatible clusters for the indicators work I wonder?

The problem with LED Bulbs is that they use less power than standard bulbs so the indicator relay will think a bulb has blown and your indicators will flash too fast.

I have LED side repeaters but silvertec type bulbs front and rear with no problems with flash speed and the bulbs look much neater than tatty old amber ones.

You could try changing all your indicator bulbs to LED but a set of resistors would be needed, they have a habit of getting hot though so would need positioning where heat would not cause problems (i.e. away from plastic or anything else that may suffer melting or heat marking).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club