b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,500 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Not had a call back off the dealer, going to go in tomorrow morning. Trouble is now, there's tons of red ones coming in, which was my second option >.<

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jillianpa123

jillianpa123

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Name: jillian
  • Ford Model: ford fiesta zetec s

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

Red is nice but like you said there's loads! Almost everyone ive seen is red!
Ive some good news today, phoned the dealer and the car is in Dublin. Be here by the weekend!
Light at the end of the tunnel!

#18 jillianpa123

jillianpa123

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

just reading this post and i am well gutted only just orderd my tittanium x in black last week at this rate i wont have it till july dealer told me i should have it next month.

I think the major delay is only with the white Zs due to the paint problem, hopefully yours is ok!

#19 jillianpa123

jillianpa123

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

So it came today! Check out instagram.com/jillianpx for pictures!

#20 Marcr1

Marcr1

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: S1600
  • Year: 2012

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Looks lovely :D but I'm not a massive fan of the steering wheel cover

#21 jillianpa123

jillianpa123

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

I just stuck that on for now, felt weird driving without one after driving with a thick leather one for so long lol

#22 Traquare

Traquare

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Name: Tracey
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X Powershift EcoBoost
  • Year: 2014

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:25 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new! 

I ordered my Fiesta Titanium X 1.6 Powershift in Hot Magenta (Is a Motability car, but with no modifications), in April, and was given a delivery date of 26th June. 

Then, I received a phone call from my dealer the other day, saying because it's Automatic (has to be for medical reasons), and my exact model is available in America, they are struggling to get hold of an Automatic gearbox!!! He said they have an estimated build date for end of this month, then it'll take 3 weeks to get here.

However after reading some of the posts on here (I realise these have mostly been about the Zetec S in White), I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to drag on for much longer than what they've told me...  :(

Anyone else in a similar position? 

Thanks guys!

Tracey x

#23 samjprobinson

samjprobinson

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Name: Sam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X 1.6TDCi

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

I was told last week it was in Southampton port and would be here today, phoned today and no sign of it. 

I know this is probably a bit out of date now, but the joys of only just joining the forum. Back in the end of January 2013 a large car carrier hit one of the linkspans in Southampton Eastern Docks rendering it useless and out of service for approximately 6 months (MCA report into the contact) and it is still not yet fully operational. This has had a huge knock on effect for the Port of Southampton as they only have a couple of linkspans for RoRo vessels and to take the fully automated hydraulic one out of service meant that a lot of ships were cancelled or re-routed. This (according to my friend who works for CPS Stevedores) is one of the major problems Ford is experiencing with importing of the new build Fiestas from Germany! Probably not what people want to hear but that's the way it goes!

I believe the linkspan is still out of service which is probably still having a knock on effect for deliveries.

#24 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,500 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new! 

I ordered my Fiesta Titanium X 1.6 Powershift in Hot Magenta (Is a Motability car, but with no modifications), in April, and was given a delivery date of 26th June. 

Then, I received a phone call from my dealer the other day, saying because it's Automatic (has to be for medical reasons), and my exact model is available in America, they are struggling to get hold of an Automatic gearbox!!! He said they have an estimated build date for end of this month, then it'll take 3 weeks to get here.

However after reading some of the posts on here (I realise these have mostly been about the Zetec S in White), I'm starting to get concerned that this is going to drag on for much longer than what they've told me...  :(

Anyone else in a similar position? 

Thanks guys!

Tracey x

The white paint is no longer an issue, but the boxes are. Ford has always had a problem getting their auto boxes out, my parents ordered a Titanium X Galaxy a year ago, to end up cancelling due to an 'unforeseen delay' of up to 8 months... I know it's better now, but is still a pain. You're looking at 1 month + extra on your waiting time.

Has your car got a build date?

#25 Traquare

Traquare

Settling In Well

• Members via FB
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Name: Tracey
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium X Powershift EcoBoost
  • Year: 2014

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:38 PM

The white paint is no longer an issue, but the boxes are. Ford has always had a problem getting their auto boxes out, my parents ordered a Titanium X Galaxy a year ago, to end up cancelling due to an 'unforeseen delay' of up to 8 months... I know it's better now, but is still a pain. You're looking at 1 month + extra on your waiting time.

Has your car got a build date?

Hiya, my original build date was 26th June, but dealer said "There's a new estimated build date of the end of the month..." And he said it takes 3 weeks to get here... 

I am seriously panicking now.... :'( I can't wait 8 months :'(

#26 Steve92

Steve92

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: Leon cupra
  • Year: 2007

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:10 PM

I know that the odd autos that I used to order as company cars were always difficult to get hold of, there were long periods where you could never get them. Once you have a confirmed build it should be 3-4 weeks, it's just getting the confirmed build bit.

#27 FiestaZS90150

FiestaZS90150

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Name: Nicolas
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 2013 1.0 Ecoboost Racing Red

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

Hiya, my original build date was 26th June, but dealer said "There's a new estimated build date of the end of the month..." And he said it takes 3 weeks to get here... 

havent seen a new fiesta in hot magenta yet, should look good =)

#28 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,500 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

It won't be that long, but a few extra weeks is easily expected.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users