27 replies to this topic

#16 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Ka 2008 Style Climate 1.3
Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:43 AM

Been thinking long and hard about what to do after its repaired, will probably keep my Ka and then start thinking about my next vehicle in a couple years time - something sensible like...a Toyota Auris! :o

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:06 PM

Update: Ford has decided to pay 100% towards the repair. They didn't find any other problems, but are going to reseal around all the grommets. They are also going to fit new underlay. Should be ready for me on Monday.

#18 InstructorPiggy

InstructorPiggy

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 TDCI ZS

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:31 PM

Brill, nice one!

#19 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 03 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

Well, just as long as they refit the dash properly - it was removed and refitted before to solve rattles. If it rattles again, a Ford mechanic will die. :lol:

#20 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:21 PM

Got the car back today - seems like they did a good job. Took them longer than they thought previously because they had to remove a lot of things to fix the problem. I'm just happy they managed to solve it and refit everything correctly. Dashboard doesn't rattle at all! :D They also valeted the car - dashboard plastics look much darker now. I should really stop being lazy and clean it more often.

#21 Amie07

Amie07

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka zetec 09

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

Got the car back today - seems like they did a good job. Took them longer than they thought previously because they had to remove a lot of things to fix the problem. I'm just happy they managed to solve it and refit everything correctly. Dashboard doesn't rattle at all! :D They also valeted the car - dashboard plastics look much darker now. I should really stop being lazy and clean it more often.

Hi, I noticed your posts and thought I'd jump on here as I've got a similar problem. The other morning I discovered the floor behind the passenger seat was soaking wet, it had been raining heavy the night before, so clearly there must be a leak, it's not rained for a couple of nights but the floor is still soaking wet because it hasn't been able to dry out, i think there must be a fault with the seals round the passenger door.

I've only had my Ka for about 5 months, it's a new style Ka, so I'm totally p***ed off cos this shouldn't be happening on a new car should it?! I'm really stressing about it! Does anyone know if this will be covered by the warranty? I'm worried because being a girl car people tend to talk to us like idiots but would like to know where I stand for when I take it in on Tuesday. As well as the faulty seal I'd like them to replace the carpet, free of charge, because it's going to start smelling stale soon with the stagnant water.

Can anyone help??

#22 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

Amie07 - my Ka is the old shape. If yours is only 5 months old, then its within the 1st year of warranty and will be covered no problem. Carpet should definitely be replaced.

#23 Amie07

Amie07

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:23 PM

Amie07 - my Ka is the old shape. If yours is only 5 months old, then its within the 1st year of warranty and will be covered no problem. Carpet should definitely be replaced.

Hey thanks for the reassurance re the warranty, it seems to have got worse and now there's water at the front as well but only on the passenger side. Taking it in tomorrow so will see what they say...

I love my car but this has really spoiled my enjoyment of it! Had a 10 year old fiesta before I scrapped it in for this one and never had any probs with that, guess they don't build the newer cars as good!

#24 Amie07

Amie07

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 02:15 PM

Hey thanks for the reassurance re the warranty, it seems to have got worse and now there's water at the front as well but only on the passenger side. Taking it in tomorrow so will see what they say...

I love my car but this has really spoiled my enjoyment of it! Had a 10 year old fiesta before I scrapped it in for this one and never had any probs with that, guess they don't build the newer cars as good!

Hi again, took my Ka in today, have just had a call to say something on the door needs replacing but it'll take a couple of days to get parts etc. i said fine, however, i just thought i would ask them if the carpets would be replaced cos of all the water damage and was told by some snooty woman "ford don't replace carpets." based on what i've read on here i think she's pulling a fast one, she insisted all they do is valet the carpets, i said well if the carpets are stinking cos of all the water i will want them replacing and she just fobbed me off by saying 'well all i can do is ask technical support' but that she'd never known them to replace carpets! What a load of rubbish! this car is only !Removed! 5 months old! :angry:

#25 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Ask to talk to the Workshop Manager and then request that they replace the underlay (it's actually the soundproofing material underneath the carpet that you want replacing, if its sodden). The carpet should be removed and dried out by the workshop at your dealer. If they want to be stupid about it, follow it up with Ford customer relations.

#26 northstar

northstar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Ka

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

Hello, this is my first posting on this site which I found as I was searching for any info regarding leaks on Ford KAs.
My wifes car has developed one in exacltly the same area, front footwell, as the original post. The car is going to a dealer tomorrow and I intend to take the matter up with Ford.

Can anyone tell me the address of Ford,s customer relations( Iprefer Complaints dept) department and maybe even a name or two?

Beat Wishes Bill

#27 Jcoventry

Jcoventry

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

Ford customer relations is just a big call centre, sending a letter there won't really get you anywhere. I handled all my complaints/problems over the phone. As long as you get the name of the person you're talking to, and a case number, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

#28 Ford Mechanic Glasgow

Ford Mechanic Glasgow

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Name: simon
  • Ford Model: focus ST
  • Year: 2013

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hi to anyone who has a new KA, and has found water ingress into the drivers side footwell.

Ford has released a list of seven different places the water ingress could be coming from.

1. THE AIR DUCT BEHIND THE SCUTTLE PANEL (NOT ENOUGH SEALER)

2. THE SEAM IN THE FENDOR UNDER THE SCUTTLE PANEL (NOT ENOUGH SEALER)

3. THE ABS WIRING GROMET (COMES LOOSE)

4. THE PEDEL BOX GROMETS (COME LOOSE)

5. THE WEATHER STRIP AROUND THE DOOR (NOT ENOUGH SEALER ON BOTTOM)

6. THE SEAM IN THE REAR FOOTWELL BEHIND THE PRE-TENSIONER (NOT ENOUGH SEALER)

and number 7. MODELS WITH AIR CON HAVE A LEAK OFF PIPE FROM THE UNIT GOING OUT THE FLOOR NEXT TO THE CLUTCH PEDAL LEAKS OUT THE TOP OF THE PIPE ON TO THE FLOOR (REQUIRES TAPE TO SEAL) this is the one it tends to be causing the problem.

Hope this helps any one with the same problem and ford cant or wont fix it for you  :)

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users