Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Screw in tyre - any recommendations?

Albert27

I've got a screw in the central area of my tyre and it's leaking 3 psi every 24 hrs.   Is this a repairable DIY job and if so, can you recommend any products?  Tyre is in good condition with a good 4 mil tread so I'm keen to repair over replacing.  

Thanks guys!

It's repairable but not a DIY job.  Should only cost about £10-£15 at a garage.  Tyre needs to be removed, screw removed, hole cleaned up and a mushroom plug glued and pulled through from inside.

It’s a diy repair if you have a tyre machine haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You can actually repair them using kits you can buy off eBay. Not as good as taking the tyre off and doing a proper job, but will seal it for the time being.

Either way a garage won't charge much to repair it properly.

37 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

You can actually repair them using kits you can buy off ebay. Not as good as taking the tyre off and doing a proper job, but will seal it for the time being.

Either way a garage won't charge much to repair it properly.

unfortunately these kits are not a recognised repair method, they are intended as a temporary/emergency repair. 

However, I do rate the stop and go tyre plugger, I know of guys who have done 12k+ miles on these lol. I Carry one as an emergency repair for my motorbike as it beats having to be recovered! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club