Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can't open rear driver's door(Child lock) Focus mk 2.5

welshgibbo

So I got up this morning to find somebody has smashed into the side of my Focus mk2.5 last night. The damage is mainly a few touches of paint work, and a small dent, so nothing too major.

However, in doing so I found the actual door handle smashed off, with one of the arms attached to the handle snapped off. The back, stationary part of the handle which is fixed/screwed in place is still attached. I can't take one of the door handles off and retrofit it to the door in question to open it, because there isn't enough clearance in the hole due to the rear part of the handle still in place.

I also can't remove the back piece, because the child lock is engaged on this door as my 2 year old sits here, so I cannot open the door from the inside.

Does anyone have any idea of how to open the door with child lock engaged, and with the external handle not in place? Am I going to have to break off the rear part of the handle? Or can I release the door by taking the hinges off, or perhaps the inner door card in anyway?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If not already sorted @welshgibbo is there any chance you could put a long thin screw into the remaining portion to pull and open the door, if not a long thin flat head screw driver placed under then see saw it to make the remaining handle act like it's the handle on it ? If none of the above l would imagine damaging the rear card and replaceing the card and handle would be the only option as the screws apart from inner handle run around the edges..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club