Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Slow site?

pragmatix

Is it just me or is the site very slow, having a really slow load, on my iPad , Mac, and iPhone is it just an Apple thing?

No not just you. I'm also finding this running very slow.

Yeah this happens sometimes with me. I'd think my Internet is slow but when I go on other websites its fine. 

Been having the same issues as well, also was having a you tube survey pop up as well, I think there is something wrong with the server.

3 hours ago, wilto said:

Been having the same issues as well, also was having a you tube survey pop up as well, I think there is something wrong with the server.

Yeah getting that survey pop up for me now 😤

Site seems ok this morning.

I tried to reply last night but it kept timing out, so not just you lol.  I think they do some background updates every couple of months or so.

• Like 1

Dead slow and stop again and it's not my connection, I've got a rock steady 53mbs

Sorry about this guys... i have been all over this over the weekend. 

If nothing gets sorted by Tuesday then a new server will be on order.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Sorry about this guys... i have been all over this over the weekend. 

If nothing gets sorted by Tuesday then a new server will be on order.

Cheers,hope we are sorted soon

Signed up this evening after a long haul with the slow page loading. I look forward to using the site when it becomes practical speed wise. Hope it's sorted soon.

sorry about this John... usually works fine, but if I do not get this sorted then a move will happen, so please bear with us. Also, in less busy times its actually ok to use. I started noticing right now that is getting better. Evenings are worst at the moment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steve said:

I started noticing right now that is getting better.

My old computer, still running XP, has a few problems, but I am glad the slow access to this site is not one of them!

It was a bit of a worry, but since it looks like its not at my end of the line, a lot less so smile.png.

Overloaded servers sounds like an unfortunate side effect of a successful site!

• Like 1

Seems a bit faster this evening but still not slick.

• Like 1

Definitely slow during the day.
Not my PC as it's just as unresponsive on Tapatalk and mobile browsers.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

My old computer, still running XP, has a few problems, but I am glad the slow access to this site is not one of them!

I'd seriously consider upgrading to windows 10 (or even 7). Support for XP ended a few years ago meaning you won't get any windows updates. That leaves your PC quite vulnerable to threats (which anti-malware/virus software won't detect as the windows updates have already dealt with the threat).

10 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

I'd seriously consider upgrading to windows 10 (or even 7). Support for XP ended a few years ago meaning you won't get any windows updates. That leaves your PC quite vulnerable to threats (which anti-malware/virus software won't detect as the windows updates have already dealt with the threat).

I'm sticking to XP never had a problem with any virus or threats, I only use the pc for running Forscan anyway, I'm Mac for everything else

On 4/2/2018 at 10:28 PM, Luke4efc said:

I have Virtualbox's of XP purely to run certain software that is still 16-bit / Not Windows 7-10 friendly. It'd be on a physical machine if I had one spare capable of running it :biggrin:

• Like 1

I run XP Pro within VMWare on my Win7 64bit system purely to keep my copy of Microcat running.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Well yeah running an old machine for a piece of software (with no internet use/just for updates) is fine. There has been many attacks where people haven't updated from XP though and lept using the internet. The NHS ransomware attack was a big example.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club