Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic lever in passenger footwell

Maxjonz

I have just bought  a Petrol 2014 Focus Ti X hatchback, and whilst I was checking to see how I could fit a dash cam, I noticed that there is a plastic handle/lever in the passenger footwell on the exterior side of the car.  I cannot find anywhere in the manual that tells me what it is for. Is anyone able to enlighten me please?

Bonnet latch? The 2014 manual shows it's the bonnet latch, but the manual also appears to be the American version so unsure whether it also applies to the UK cars.

And on the other side there should be a big circley thing, that's the steering wheel to move the wheels and make the car go round corners. 

This stuff is covered in the driving test and is considered to be pretty basic. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

And on the other side there should be a big circley thing, that's the steering wheel to move the wheels and make the car go round corners. 

This stuff is covered in the driving test and is considered to be pretty basic. 

They probably owned an older Ford with the stupid key behind badge bonnet release.

But saying that, it will definitely be covered in the manual lol.

• Like 3

At least Ford have finally seen sense and gotten rid of the silly front grill lock/latch system that has caused so many people so much pain!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 1979Damian said:

At least Ford have finally seen sense and gotten rid of the silly front grill lock/latch system that has caused so many people so much pain!

Yeh whats that noise coming from the engine oh wait I have to turn it off first then open the bonnet and turn it back on again no sense in it at all lol

• Haha 2

Derrrrrr   oops what a plonker !  - and yes I am used to the bonnet lock on my Mondeo that uses the key. (My previous Mondeo had a release next to the driver)  The one on my TR4 is on the drivers side (at least it was when I built the car in 1991/2) - The guy who demoed the Focus  to me  told me that the release was on the drivers side. ......   Its a pretty cheap and nasty piece of plastic though isn't it ???   I've owned Fords from a go faster Anglia to Cortinas and a Classic so I was hoping for something more substantial.  Thanks for the advice anyway !!