Rob S

Missing heated steering wheel option

Hi all,

Can anyone please help? Just taken delivery of a new 18 Plate Mondeo Vignale. According to the standard spec and the manual it is supposed to have a heated steering wheel. There is no physical button for this and according to the manual it should be an option on the Sync3 Climate screen. There is no option to select on the Sync3 screen therefore I am baffled how I use this function.

I have spoken to the dealer but so far they are unable to help. Does anyone have a new Vignale who can confirm?

Many thanks

On 05/04/2018 at 4:17 PM, Rob S said:

Hi all,

Can anyone please help? Just taken delivery of a new 18 Plate Mondeo Vignale. According to the standard spec and the manual it is supposed to have a heated steering wheel. There is no physical button for this and according to the manual it should be an option on the Sync3 Climate screen. There is no option to select on the Sync3 screen therefore I am baffled how I use this function.

I have spoken to the dealer but so far they are unable to help. Does anyone have a new Vignale who can confirm?

Many thanks

It's definitely controlled through Sync 3 rather than with a dash button on the Sync 2 cars.  Was the engine running when you tried to find the option within Sync 3?

I have an ST Line and the heated steering wheel on/off is on the sync3 home screen between the heated seats icons.

On 08/04/2018 at 12:06 AM, 1979Damian said:

It's definitely controlled through Sync 3 rather than with a dash button on the Sync 2 cars.  Was the engine running when you tried to find the option within Sync 3?

Nothing there with the engine running. Attached screenshot of the climate screen.

20180405_144550.jpg

20180405_144537.jpg

This is a screenshot of what the Sync 3 screen should look like if you have the heated steering wheel option (from the latest owners guide off the Ford web site).

Missing Image

I'd be taking yours back to the dealer and asking WTF :unsure: even their own web site says it's a standard feature on the Vignale.

image.thumb.png.6c692f4c7024741c3227e06973a3f42b.png

Unfortunately it's a lease car so I have to go through the lease company who don't seem to have a clue. Everything else is fine, great car and very impressed.

Will keep you posted.

On 09/04/2018 at 8:52 AM, Rob S said:

Unfortunately it's a lease car so I have to go through the lease company who don't seem to have a clue. Everything else is fine, great car and very impressed.

Will keep you posted.

Make sure you keep on at them, you've paid for the feature by paying for a Vignale.  When it's been sub zero all night it makes an early work start a bit more tolerable if you don't have to wear gloves for the 1st 5-10 minutes of driving!

On the home screen I have this ( Latest software V3 )

IMG_0465.thumb.jpg.e34e7ee7839c09ebc0e52c99b0ef8ee8.jpg

6 hours ago, vectra said:

On the home screen I have this ( Latest software V3 )

IMG_0465.thumb.jpg.e34e7ee7839c09ebc0e52c99b0ef8ee8.jpg

Have you also got it showing on the Climate screen?

On 4/11/2018 at 7:45 AM, 1979Damian said:

Have you also got it showing on the Climate screen?

I will check shortly for you.

Have a look
top right hand corner

IMG_0539.jpg

Nothing on my climate screen or home screen. Booked into the dealer next week so will keep you posted.

20180405_144550.jpg

Dealer has confirmed that it "should be there" but has been missed off in the build process. Now needs to be logged as a "miss-build" with Ford so not sure what will happen.

6 hours ago, Rob S said:

Dealer has confirmed that it "should be there" but has been missed off in the build process. Now needs to be logged as a "miss-build" with Ford so not sure what will happen.

Good luck with that, hope you get it sorted

6 hours ago, Rob S said:

Make sure you keep on at them, they'll probably hope you'll get bored if they delay in sorting it for long enough.

Also, how to hell do they miss a mandatory item of their top spec Vignale build?!?  So much for the "enhanced" QC/QA checks that the Vignale trim cars are supposed to go through before leaving the factory. :wallbash: