Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A handy tip for MK2.5 Screenwash Filling

rhyds

When I bought my MK2.5 I found that filling it with screenwash was an absolute pain thanks to the narrow filler neck. However I seem to have stumbled upon a very handy bit of kit.

5adad51653a94_2018-04-1218_59.39_bach.thumb.jpg.a9699c0116a069af3f87c0e87cce53ff.jpg

This funnel comes with both a long spout and a short one, which just so happens to fit perfectly in a MK2.5 screenwash tank neck

5adad516a8e9c_2018-04-1218_59_59_bach.thumb.jpg.ccd20014d9e4a16dacf6168e8df6436c.jpg

5adad51728234_2018-04-1219_00.09_bach.thumb.jpg.500ad88d35e123cf18c2f15a81a487f2.jpg

I'm not sure if MK2 or MK3/3.5 necks are similar, but it certainly works well for my car, and is £1.80 well spent!

never had a problem filling  my mk2 or mk3 screenwash, practice makes perfect. you`ll need a funnel for when your filling up oil ;-)

Must admit I always found the mk2 screenwash filler was in a particularly awkward location.
Even now I use a funnel on my mk3.5, so much better than leaving a puddle on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

6 hours ago, andypsp said:

never had a problem filling  my mk2 or mk3 screenwash, practice makes perfect. you`ll need a funnel for when your filling up oil ;-)

I found trying to fill mine from a five litre plastic tub was an absolute pain in the back (side!)

ive been using the same thing for the last 9 years since i bought one from tesco pound land have them too

I don't use a funnel for any fluids, screenwash, oil, coolant etc...  The holes are big enough to aim into, just start slowly so it doesn't immediately over flow and hold the bottle on its side to avoid surging.  

18 hours ago, rhyds said:

This funnel comes with both a long spout and a short one, which just so happens to fit perfectly in a MK2.5 screenwash tank neck

5adad516a8e9c_2018-04-1218_59_59_bach.thumb.jpg.ccd20014d9e4a16dacf6168e8df6436c.jpg

See the long black pipe? If it's the same diameter as mine that black pipe has fit all screenwash containers i've ever had, just screw it onto the container, and you have a flexible nozzle to aim the screenwash into the filler neck. Once done, just bring the screenwash container back vertical and the flow will stop! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club