Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android auto - giving up

gillyallan

Seems too intermittent for me. More often than not I get a black screen on the maps side of things and spend too long farting around trying to get it to work.

Going to wait and see if they ever update waze on android as they did on ios to work through applink.

A. Auto could very well be down to my phone but too annoying.

Have you tried a different usb cable?
I haven't actually good shout.
On a fresh install it seems to work but then next day it's back to messing around, but yeah I could try that

When I first connect my phone up it takes a second or two on a black screen before it show properly. I have an S8 and use an Anker USB-C cable via the port in the armrest compartment. Waze works via the sync3 system, although I think it defaults to google maps. Have you tried pressing the navigation button twice? You should then get another screen giving you the choice of google maps or Waze.

I use the stock can keep WI my fone on my android auto. Def cud be cable 

I'll try with another cable at some point over weekend

Ever since I posted my android auto and waze has worked each time I've plugged in. Really like that waze is so up to date, though do still hope eventually we get access through applink like ios.

• Haha 1

Might be silly question but how the heck do you answer or hang up a call when using android auto?
The answer and hang up buttons didn't seem to do anything.