Do Not Sell My Personal Information

where would you put best tyre?

coldrunning2002

Priority of tyre importance for braking and stability UK driving 1 = best tyre , 4 = worst tyre  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Priority of tyre importance for braking and stability UK driving 1 = best tyre , 4 = worst tyre

• 1) Near side rear, 2) offside rear, 3) near side front, 4) offside front
    • 1) Front axle, 2) rear axle
    • 1) Rear axle, 2) Front axle
    • Does not matter very much

If you had all the wheels off the car and had to put them back on the car in any order, which tyre is the most important?

the tyres that are best should be on the rear so not to cause oversteer. 

• Like 1

yes agreed, bold tyres on the back axle on frosty roads and in snow causes oversteer.

In the uk, going around round-a-bouts puts the most force on the nearside rear tyre that should be the best tyre.

• Like 1

I have always understood that best should go on rear as the result of losing grip at back is more dangerous than losing grip at front, from the point of view of car spinning out of control

• Like 2

Depends what you mean by 'best'...

When the edges wear off the fronts (usually through over zealous cornering and roundabouts) I tend to stick them on the back, still with around 4mm tread in the centre and the same age as the fronts, but technically they're the 'worst' ones...

If best means highest grip I'd put them on the side which drives the wheels so for example with my car I'd put grippy tires on the front as it's front wheel drive. 

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

If best means highest grip I'd put them on the side which drives the wheels so for example with my car I'd put grippy tires on the front as it's front wheel drive. 

That's wrong best grip needed at the rear on a fwd car

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pragmatix said:

That's wrong best grip needed at the rear on a fwd car

Lol I need to do my research 😂. I'd thought as the front wheels move the car it's best to have grip there as the front wheels are receiving the power and having to steer

4 hours ago, iantt said:

the tyres that are best should be on the rear so not to cause oversteer. 

+1 absolutely 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club