Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus keys

larnerj
聽Share

馃槨I have just bought a ford focus.

There are 2 keys. 1 for the ignition and the other for the bonnet.

The dealer says that is all he was given!

Should there be another key? if yes can anyone recommend a good place to try and get one?

Both keys should be the same.

I'd say that at some time the bonnet lock was replaced needing the different blade.

Only option is to get a lock repair kit and have it built up to match the ignition blade then get a second blade cut to match and swap it for the bonnet only blade.

thanks for your help sorry for the delay been out all day watching gandkids聽 play footy

will the bonnet key start the car聽

What do you mean with bonnet key?

Depending on trim level and market (country) the Focus mK2/MK2.5 with conventional keyswitch was available with 4 different key combinations:

* 2x normal (non remote control) keys on vehicles without remote central locking
* A normal (non remote control) key and a remote control key.
* 2x remote control keys.
* 2x folding keys.

sorry this is the first time ivebought a ford its a 2006 focus ghia auto with two keys one starts the car and the other opens the bonnet ive tried this bonnet key to start the car but it will not turn and I don't want to force it聽

Does the bonnet key work in the door lock? If so then it'll be the ignition lock barrel that's been changed. If you want keys that will work in all lock barrels you need to take Stoney's advice and get it sorted by an auto locksmith.

• Like 1

ok thanks I will do that thanks for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club