Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I just found this out

Rumblestrip

I've accidentally discovered that the central armrest slides out! Anyone else know this?

IMG_20180513_200829.jpg

IMG_20180513_200833.jpg

It took me over 4 years to find that out, and only because my mate who has a Focus did it lol.

Had similar thing with the Focus when an old work mate was loading something heavy into the boot of his Focus,
I lifted the rear seating forward so I could fold the back seats flat to slide his stuff in easier,
He was amazed and asked how I did it, he was a granddad and the seats had crayons and all-sorts down between the seats.

52 minutes ago, RAIDER32 said:

It took me over 4 years to find that out, and only because my mate who has a Focus did it lol.

Had similar thing with the Focus when an old work mate was loading something heavy into the boot of his Focus,
I lifted the rear seating forward so I could fold the back seats flat to slide his stuff in easier,
He was amazed and asked how I did it, he was a granddad and the seats had crayons and all-sorts down between the seats.

Thought everyone knew about the seats!

If you look inside the cup holders in the centre console you can slide the bottom bit back to make the holder deeper, or a secret stash for a £10 emergency fund

1 minute ago, Jonro2009 said:

If you look inside the cup holders in the centre console you can slide the bottom bit back to make the holder deeper, or a secret stash for a £10 emergency fund

Yeah I found that on the day I picked the car up. 

1 hour ago, Rumblestrip said:

Yeah I found that on the day I picked the car up. 

How did you miss the arm rest moving then lol

18 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

How did you miss the arm rest moving then lol

It didn't slide out then 

Do the PFLs slide?  On the mk2.5 it used to slide (and obscure the handbrake lever lol), but it doesn't seem to move on the mk3 unless it's just stuck and I'm being daft lol?

What's a PFL?

Pre facelift.  The ugly version from 2011 to 2014 lol.

Hey! I happen to like the way my 2014 looks thank you very much! Lol! Actually I prefer the front of the pfl but the back of the fl version...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Pre facelift.  The ugly version from 2011 to 2014 lol.

Aaaaah I had a PFL but never noticed if the armrest slid out. I've just found it myself!

The Pre face lift are the nice looking ones, the Face lifts look fugly and don't get me started on the Beemer 1 clone  looking 2018's

my 2008 focus used to do that with the arm rest, but my 2012 focus don`t move to an extend the arm rest 😮

Yeah took me a while to accidentally stumble on the moveable centre arm rest too. Handy on motorway when not needing handbrake. 

13 hours ago, madmole said:

The Pre face lift are the nice looking ones, the Face lifts look fugly and don't get me started on the Beemer 1 clone  looking 2018's

Each to their own. :wink:

Ford peaked at the Mk2.5 imo, by far the best looking...  I still can't stand the Mk3 pfl front end, thought it'd grow on me but I've been stuck with it for over 3 months now, the pfl ST is even worse looking as well.   I much prefer the Mk3 facelift front, but the rear looks weird above the number plate, and now I can't unsee it whenever I'm behind one lol.

We are agreed on the Mk4 though...  Safety and emissions regs are shaping cars these days which is why they all look very similar...though saying that, Ford have outdone themselves with the ugliness on the new Focus!  😨

• Like 1

Try putting teeth on your PFL then you will change your mind on its looks

IMG_1918.jpg

Woo they make Zaphod look mean!

Can't do this on mine as it's already black!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, madmole said:

No offence, still don't like it lol.  As I said above though, each to their own! :smile:

51 minutes ago, madmole said:

IMG_1918.jpg

That looks class! Never seen that before

Amazing what a strip of sticky black carbon fibre tape  can do 8-)

Didn't know this until I read your post, thanks! Now I just need to work out where I like it...

RTFM !

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:11 PM, Rumblestrip said:

IMG_20180513_200833.jpg

One of the first things I did when I got the car back in February was to see if the arm rest slid forward or not like in my old mk2.5. I echoe Tom's view that the mk2.5 looked the best. The front end looks like the head of a shark hunting down it's prey ha😁. The mk3.5 has a similar look. The rear is a bit bland though on the mk2.5.