Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windows all open

mjt

Funny thing happened today. Last night I locked the car as usual, deadlocked, locking confirmed by mirrors folded.

Went to the car this morning and all four windows were fully open. I'm fairly sure the car was still locked although I was so shocked I didn't check and just pressed unlock, got in and closed the windows. Luckily it was a dry night!

I've since confirmed that global opening and closing works on the remote but as far as I can see if the unlock button got accidentally held down whilst in my pocket, which seems highly unlikely, that would have left the car unlocked so if it was locked this morning that would mean something triggered global opening without unlocking it.

Anyone heard of this happening?

If global opening got triggered after you locked the car and you didn't open a door, it would then re-lock the car after approx 45s, but leave the windows down.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a topic on here a while back about someone who had the exact same thing happen. I believe his happened more than once though but not 100% sure.

This isn't all that uncommon, not only on the Focus but various cars with global opening.  It just seems to be a glitch rather than a consistent fault from what I've read.  Weird how the alarm didn't go off with wind though, is it not set when the windows are open?

Yes, that puzzled me too. As far as I know the volumetric alarm should have been set. There probably wasn't any wind to speak of overnight and maybe the sensors only detect the returns from physical objects moving in front of them.

Of course the simple answer might be that the remote got pressed just before I went out to the car, it was actually unlocked and the alarm was off. 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club