Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Rookie sub install issues! - Kenwood KSC SW11

Hastiest

Hi all,

unsure if if this is the right sub section of the forum but here goes........

Struggling with the above sub install in my mk 7.5 fiesta. I went with Paramanic’s guide as follows:

...........and ended up with this:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/9NHSv61

when I try to launch everything is fine but volume stuck at zero. Sub has power (blue light on controller). Also worth noting if I use the WAMO clips to revert back to normal it all works fine again on the stock system.

I tried first without the WAMO clips, I.e. bullet connectors per Paramanic’s guide and then with them........ same thing happens either way.

At a complete loss for why this won’t work for me, any ideas?

worth noting I accidentally cut the wrong of two white/browns — one has a thick (wrong) and the other a thin (correct) brown line........... assume not an issue because it all works fine if I revert to stock wiring as mentioned .

any suggestions?

Do the car Speakers still work with the sub connected?
Are you sure the sub works? Can you connect it to an alternative source to prove it's OK.
Other than that it could be a wiring problem. I'm struggling to see which wire is connected to what in that picture. Are you sure you're connecting the correct wires?
I've not wired up a sub this way but aren't you supposed to take the left +ve and right +ve and connect to the sub +ve and both -ve to the sub -ve?
If you've taken one of each polarity to each sub terminal then you'll end up more or less summing to zero (given that all bass is generally kept to the centre of a track) which could explain your issue.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I actually sorted it late last night, the guide uses a fuse which unhooks the audio system and console — am unsure exactly why that works for him but not for me? Anyway, I hooked both back in and used a couple of redundant ones (keyless entry + passenger airbag activation light) and hey presto! 

I was was absolutely certain I’d wired it correctly like you said, but couldn’t imagine the fuses were my issue..... it’s the same exact car like?! Could have saved myself a few hours of pain if I’d tested the fuses outright, so will remember that little lesson 😉

Thanks v much for the assist 

• Like 1

@Hastiest i just seen your message buddy 🙂
glad you got it sorted over 500 people a have used my guide and not had an issue 

the fuse you said i unhooked i didnt unhook anything the piggyback system runs its own fuse and current from a loom in which has its own (fords fuse) standard thats why in the guide i showed one for power and one for remote buddy 🙂

ps why its called a piggy back as its gets one of the original fuse in place 🙂

It’s a honestly a great guide dude, thanks for writing it and hope you didn’t think I was blaming the guide rather than my rookie skills! 😉

It’s a honestly a great guide dude, thanks for writing it and hope you didn’t think I was blaming the guide rather than my rookie skills! [emoji6]
Nah wasn't thinking that buddy and we all gotta start somewhere

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club