Sign in to follow this  
rhyds

MK2.5 Alloy Wheel nuts and centre caps

Last time I had a new set of tyres the fitting centre had some trouble with one of the wheel nuts on my MK2.5, it seems the metal cover had come loose and they had to hammer an 18mm socket on to get it off. They've replaced this nut with a solid type nut, and I'd like to do the same for the other nuts as well so I'm not left stranded trying to take a wheel off on a dark, wet night. Can anyone tell me what spec nuts I need for the standard 16" type alloys on a Zetec?

Also, the centre caps are well past their best. Can anyone suggest a good ebay seller for them?

you need m12 solid head , wide taper captive washer bolts , just like these  :-) ..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Ford-Focus-M12-x-1-5-OE-Style-Alloy-Wheel-Nuts-Silver/182072201955?hash=item2a645952e3:g:ue8AAOSwh79bBIa8

If you're replacing the centre caps make sure you go for genuine Ford ones; there are some ok aftermarket ones on ebay but the quality is still not as good as the genuine ones. I bought genuine centre caps from Vospers Ford on ebay ,a set of four about £16 IIRC. 

22 hours ago, biff55 said:

you need m12 solid head , wide taper captive washer bolts , just like these  🙂 ..........

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-x-Ford-Focus-M12-x-1-5-OE-Style-Alloy-Wheel-Nuts-Silver/182072201955?hash=item2a645952e3:g:ue8AAOSwh79bBIa8

14 hours ago, Geordie59 said:

Thanks chaps. I'm thinking the captive washer style nuts will be better as they're a bit gentler on the wheel. 

8 hours ago, Wangarai said:

If you're replacing the centre caps make sure you go for genuine Ford ones; there are some ok aftermarket ones on ebay but the quality is still not as good as the genuine ones. I bought genuine centre caps from Vospers Ford on ebay ,a set of four about £16 IIRC. 

Perfect, thanks chief. I've used Vospers before