Sign in to follow this  
fastdave

towbar on zetec climate

This is my first Focus, and although it's an old 07 plate, I'm very chuffed with it, having run company cars for years, never a Ford - I would buy a new one of these, for I believe they are a sight more economical today.

In the meantime, I got this on leaving behind a company car, and want to tow the caravan and trailers with it.

I got a towsure kit, and I've fitted towbars before, so don't see any monumental problems - BUT - I have been delicately undoing the rear bumper since the weekend, and came across an article from pitmonster, about replacing his rear bumper - which looks exactly like mine. having done some research under the car - I actually thought the plastic body brackets came away with the bumper, but his 'photos show they don't.

I have undone two allen screws from the rear wheel arch, two bolts from the top, and I amnow not sure how it is fixed along the back of the door seal - do I have to take this odd or am I missing a fix here?

Any advice gladly taken and appreciated

Dave

there two plastic clips right under the car then pull some of the door seal away then it should come off you need to see a manual really

Thanks Del, I shall look at that at home tonight - I ordered a Haynes manual, but sometimes the black and white photos don't work so well - I actually think this bumper has been replaced, for there were no screws underneath, so I'm hoping it hasn't been botched with superglue or something!!!

Dave.

there like plastic pin in the centre of these fittings just pull them out to release them