Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Angry!

dtulip8

Park my car outside a mates house for the England game, come outside to find someone’s scraped up th side of it. Naturally, the police say there’s nothing they can do as no camera or anything. Ruined the game for me!u

C505F1DF-4409-4BAC-8974-872EF97DDD1E.jpeg

580A3AE1-40B3-4318-9CEF-B4FEC7EFDFED.jpeg

is the white from the other car, or is the white the primer under your blue paint. you might potentially make it look a lot better (or less worse) with Tcut or something similar.  

very annoying though, it happens to all of us at some point 

• Like 1

Knock on his / her neighbours doors and see if there are any witnesses. Also have a sneaky look at their cars while doing it.

See if there’s any private CCTV or dashcams while you’re there. 

Someone’s likely to have heard it or seen it and may be able to help. 

My girlfriend and I have had this happen to both our cars several times over the last year. I caught one of them who hit hers and made him sort it. And every time I hear a bump noise I always look out, I caught someone hitting my neighbours car last week and driving off - a hospital doctor of all people. So much for responsibility. 

It’s really irritating when this happens. I wish you luck finding them. 

This is my Lupo which my daughter scraped on a car park pillar three days ago. A bit of abrasive polish helped. Not perfect by any means but looks a lot less bad

9B281CC5-6C6A-4CCF-A77D-E081973FC148.jpeg

FBF14318-9B80-480A-A8E8-913DE7AC2F02.jpeg

i cant believe the OP actually rang the police just for a scuffed bumper lol.

obviously he was expecting crime scene investigation and a county wide manhunt ...

😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why not?
Are you trying to keep crime figures down?

Maybe, though doubtful the person doing it might have 2nd thoughts thinking maybe someone seen it and report it themselves. They could then contact op.

• Like 1

Always worth a call - on 101 and not 999.

There could have been a pursuit where they were unaware of the damage, it could be someone’s reported a driver in a vehicle in your area in a white car that could have caused the damage or it could be they’ve had a call from someone witnessing the bump. 

Doesnt hurts to call. I’d always encourage it. And it also helps with the insurance claim if one is being made to confirm someone hit your car rather than you doing it yourself. A police incident report may be required in some situations. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

Always worth a call - on 101 and not 999.

There could have been a pursuit where they were unaware of the damage, it could be someone’s reported a driver in a vehicle in your area in a white car that could have caused the damage or it could be they’ve had a call from someone witnessing the bump. 

Doesnt hurts to call. I’d always encourage it. And it also helps with the insurance claim if one is being made to confirm someone hit your car rather than you doing it yourself. A police incident report may be required in some situations. 

Exactly this, especially as failing to stop after causing damage (regardless of magnitude) is a crime in itself. Sarcasm from an ‘internet expert’ is neither helpful nor required. Obviously I didn’t ring 999, but was advised by insurance to notify on 101

Lots of people do this. I know as I’m a cop. I’d always recommend you do it too. 

• Like 2

Lots of people do this. I know as I’m a cop. I’d always recommend you do it too. 

Same here.Obviously not classed as an emergency but reporting it can add intellegence to another report elsewhere that leads to fruitful enquiries.

If there is any form of cctv in the area whether at shops or private properties then asking doesn't hurt.

Calling 101 is exactly the right thing to do.

I have a cctv system on my house and have passed on footage on a couple of occasions when asked nicely by neighbours (even a couple of times by colleagues in persuance of evidence concerning alleged offences in my street), I am not legally compelled to share the footage but if I assess that there is relevance then I will do so (I used to be cctv liaison on my force so am well versed in Data protection & FOI policies).

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Thinking of getting the whole rear bumper replaced as it was pretty scratched to hell already. Struggling to find any though, but was thinking of perhaps swapping in something a bit more interesting like a Zetec S bumper if this will fit? Not sure how much it cost to get it done though, as I'm unable to do it myself.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club