Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK6 Airbag warning light

FFO17
聽Share

Hi,

I have a 1.25 Petrol Mk6 Fiesta and recently the airbag light is illuminated constantly, and not intermittently as suggested in the Handbook.

Can anyone tell me what the common faults are associated with any of the hardware which would effect the light coming on? I have looked online and there are some suggestions such as tightening the seat belt tensioner to the side of either passenger or driver seats (though mine feel tight enough). Also removing the connectors beneath the seat (although I don't if I can just take them out as is).

I have to get my MOT done within a month so this has got me worried 馃槙

20180714_165512[992].jpg

You need an airbag code reader to narrow down what the issue is. You could be guessing for a long while. I would get a garage to connect there code reader and they will tell you where to look. . just be careful with airbag systems as they are explosives!!聽

1 hour ago, iantt said:

You need an airbag code reader to narrow down what the issue is. You could be guessing for a long while. I would get a garage to connect there code reader and they will tell you where to look. . just be careful with airbag systems as they are explosives!!聽

Thanks. I removed the connectors under the seats and they looked fine and didn't fix the issue after sticking them back in 馃槙

Yeah i'm not messing with airbags, to risky when I can just stick a reader in.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club