Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Codes, codes and more codes

TDR|XTC

Hi!

Recently my car was involved in a minor crash, nothing serious, but the passanger airbag deployed.

I've bought another passanger airbag and dash, all set up, but the airbag light remains ON. The guys from FORD said that the airbags are faulty (knee and passanger, because the error codes point to them). I did some tests with Forscan, and the only way I can get that light to go away is if I disable the driver airbag. I also uploaded the ForScan DTC error codes in a TXT!

Did some tests and some print screens of ForScan. Maybe you guys can help me out! Thanks!

airbag.png

setari airbag engineering mode dezactivat AB sofer.png

knee airbag- este corect sau nu.png

DTC.txt

I did some more research on this and apparently there is a "crash file log"  stored somewhere which might keep this warning light on.

Also relating to the seat connector, on some forums they've managed to fix the problem by upligging/pluggins that connector from under the seat. Though I don't know what error codes they have.

In my first photo the driver side airbag resistance has a value of 66 ohm (does that mean it detects it as a missing airbag?), and the passenger resistance of 2ohm.

I don't know if it is a hardware problem or software problem! Not happy driving the car like this.

I hope someone can give me a good advice on what to do! Thank you!

Anyone who has a clue about this, or had a similar situation? Thank you

• 2 months later...

This topic is still standing! Any thoughts on the issue?

Would kindly appreciate even a tiny feedback or some idea to start from. Thank you

I know from VAG experience that after a crash, the lateral sensors would need replaced on the side that was hit, also known as a crash sensor.  Most likely located in the door, sometimes on the floor of the car.  PM me a reg, I have access to Fords parts catalogue, I may be able to find out for you?

It's also showing a fault in the passenger airbag cut off, have you tried changing that switch?  Again, VAG experience, Passats used to give bother with the deactivation switch.

Hello STJAY! Thanks for your time. I do not have a passenger airbag cut off switch, nor is it configured (as you can see in the photos above).

I don't know if 3Ohm is the proper value for a resistance. But the Knee airbag and driver airbag both show 66ohm. If i disable those 2 with forscan, light in the dash disappears.

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club