Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone know if this is needed???

franko77kool

Had a leak off test done and when i got home i noticed the garage left some sort of cover in the boot, never seen anything like it before. Rang the garage and the mechanic said oh its just a cover for the injectors and its not needed.

Well i done some googling and i cant even find any info on these cover things at all, or any images either!

Photos attached. I looked under the bonnet and it looks loke there is another, smaller, cover still on the injectors.9712ed2b0fe510f95a29c4748f6955f3.jpg23787b0cf261f4829f9a04c2d37b54a9.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Yeah it goes on top of the injectors on the 8v DV6...but you wont get it back on without removing fuel pipes.  It's only really there to reduce noise (injectors tick) so technically it's not needed.

Ah great thank for the info mate! So its just for noise, car doesnt sound any louder to me either so not very effective.
What about the smaller cover thats still on the injectors? Is that one important?

Lol, maybe it's your ears rather than the car. :wink:  Tbh I can't think of the smaller one, but if it doesn't hold pipes or wiring then it probably isn't needed.  Have you got a picture of that?

Haha it probably is my ears tbh as the missus is always complaining how i dont hear her lol. I will have a look and post a pic of it later today mate, thanks for your knowledge [emoji41]

• Haha 1

Whether the garage considered it was needed or not is irrelevant. If it was fitted originally they should have put it back. I wouldn't have been happy with that and would have made them re-fit it and I wouldn't go back to a garage with such a slap-dash attitude.

• Like 3

Same view as above. If Ford put it there and it’s part of the car then it’s part of the car. It needs to go back on. 

You’ve paid money for a job to be done and they’ve not done it properly. They need to do it properly. 

If you come to sell the car who’s to say it won’t be picked up on an inspection? If you have a bump and the insurers look at your car - they do often to reduce payout - they may try to offer less as the car was missing a part. Unlikely but possible. 

Either way, it’s your car. You paid for Work to be done. They’ve not done a proper job and now they’re making a mug of you. I’d be back stating they need to put it right. For free. Because you’ve paid for something you’ve not got. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club