Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ST-Line 1.5 TDCI Engine Number

DroicheadDunAodh

I'm registering my 2017 Focus ST-Line in the UK, and need to find the engine number. Having taken a dig around under the bonnet I'm not too sure where to find it. There are various stickers, but I imagine it's stamped onto the block somewhere.

Any guidance on where I might find it?!

No the engine number is a separate number. It's apparently stamped somewhere on the block, but no idea where!

Ah right, sorry I’m not sure then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apparently it is stamped on the bellhousing near the gearbox. 

It located on the passengers side of the rocker cover on the side or near the top of the gearbox at the bell housing (where the flywheel is)

Edited by Jonro2009

Ok thank you. It's pretty deep down so if it's down at the gear box. I'll try get a better look at it.

it should be on the engine block shouldn't it, not on the bellhousing. I have no idea where but an engine number on the bellhousing defeats the object of an engine number doesn't it?

it seems silly that makers make them hard to find. how are the authorities able to check them properly in circumstances where they wish to eg. checking identity of engine for theft.

I think I have worded it incorrectly, it is stamped ‘next’ to the bellhousing. 

I don't think you will find an engine number . When an engine number is registered with DVLA on a ford , the v5 registration document it shows the last 7 digits of the vin number as engine number.

15342574015601387026319.jpg

I checked my V5 and it matches up to the above comment, the last 7 are indeed the same as the engine number. Everyday is a school day!

• Like 2

That does not necesarily mean there is no engine number, the makers may have put the same number on the chassis and the engine. Like when you see classic cars/motorbikes advertised as 'matching numbers'. This is where the chassis and engine number matches and shows that the vehicle is more original as it still has its original engine. Not all manufacturers used matching numbers on new vehicles.

MY wife’s Captur (not my choice) has a different engine number and bears no resemblance to the chassis number.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club