Do Not Sell My Personal Information

power steering leak

torchwood-uk

I have a 2006 ford focus 1.6 which as developed a large power steering leak, it is quite hard to see if it is coming from the union nut or not even though that seems to be the most common source on these. If I look under the car it is dripping from the back of the pump, is it likey to be from the union and is running down and dripping from the back? I think I can see it flowing out of the union but i'm not 100% sure, not a lot of space and it's all gunky and messy around the union.

I just want to be 100% sure before I order the new pipes, is their a guide on how to change them on this? will be quicker if I don't go at it blind.

its common the pipe factures (not in half) just beside the union,   you could clean things up, put in some fluid, start it up, then get sowmeone to wiggle the steering wheel whilst you have a torch looking at the union.... it will be extreme as the PAS does some work

u need new pipes and a new nut, and the later pipe gets in the way of doing the union up, so get that bit right before you push fit the new pipe  (its push fit like crap plumbing and a one time only device)  they sell both pipes as a kit for not much more than the high pressure one on its own

Managed to get the old one off but broken the push fit one (I presume it's pushfit since only the o ring seems to hold it in) that goes in the hole below and connects to the rubber hose that goes to the power steering reservoir, anyone know the part no for that bit?

21 minutes ago, torchwood-uk said:

Managed to get the old one off but broken the push fit one (I presume it's pushfit since only the o ring seems to hold it in) that goes in the hole below and connects to the rubber hose that goes to the power steering reservoir, anyone know the part no for that bit?

Try https://ford.7zap.com/en/car/

I have a funny feeling they come with the pump, not sure if they are ment to come off, ill have a look on their.

what comes with a pump?

you can by one pipe, a kit with both pipes all connected up ready to fit and the stupidly expensive one time union (about £21 !!!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club