Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car door bangers.

Johnfieasta

Why do drivers open their car doors without taking care not to hit the car that is parked along side my care.

I have bought car stick and managed to cover the chips as best as I can,It really annoys me how people are so clumsy.

This has happened in car parks in supermarkets.

I always park at the far end of the supermarket to avoid exactly this... But then a family of idiots (presumably airbnb... Nobody is living in the flat allocated the space) chipped me while in my parking space at my flat. Presumably they were unable or unwilling to keep their kids under control and didn't want to own up to the damage. 

Unfortunately there's no getting away from it 

• Like 1

Hello jbell 

Not a good position for you to be in it must be very frustrating, I do park as far to the entrance as I can so there is more parking spaces.

people don’t show any respect for other people’s cars, On the other hand there are some that do.Thanks for your reply.

I have to disagree there, people aren’t clumsy they are just down right disrespectful and rude. I hate parking anywhere other than my own driveway and even then the wife’s parking puts me on edge lol

• Like 2

I always like to park away from any shop entrances. I still look around in case where I park might be close to places people might have to walk between cars or on the last parking bay where cars will still pass my car. 

When I take my mum shopping I like to park on the first floor and away from the lifts. I park away from everyone else plus away from the wondering trolley people aren't bothered to put away. It is annoying though when that happens. My car has a few pin dents and I just wonder how do people put a dent on a car. 

_20180811_110319.JPG

no dents on mine yet in the almost 3 years of ownership but have had 3 scratches inflicted on the paint luckily no deeper than the clearcoat so managed to sand them out just annoying how people are so disrespectful. as above I try to park away from trouble. 

15 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I have to disagree there, people aren’t clumsy they are just down right disrespectful and rude. I hate parking anywhere other than my own driveway and even then the wife’s parking puts me on edge lol

Yes that's true they just don't care about other peoples cars,i have a few on mine but one is a nice mark.

And another thing is when they try and get in between the cars with bags,i have a nice mark by the side of the door handle drivers side about 3 inch long

and its deep,went in shop came out and there it was, i have just watched people fit through the gap with bags and boxes hitting cars/mirrors and even trolleys.

Had a similar thing happen at work when a colleague squeezed themselves in to their car with their door pushed hard against mine leaving a little crease near the edge. So annoying!

Considered getting one of these:

https://doordefender.net/ but been stalling due to the price. Still, it’s cheaper than a chips away visit!

ps, I’d only get one as I’d always try to park at the end of a row to halve the risk 😉

2 hours ago, Smartd00d said:

Had a similar thing happen at work when a colleague squeezed themselves in to their car with their door pushed hard against mine leaving a little crease near the edge. So annoying!

Considered getting one of these:

https://doordefender.net/ but been stalling due to the price. Still, it’s cheaper than a chips away visit!

ps, I’d only get one as I’d always try to park at the end of a row to halve the risk 😉

Only problem I could think of with those are it might not stop clumsy people holding bags walk along your car and hitting their bags on your paintwork. Could you attach those to the bumpers? Would make that handy when parking on a road. Schools have started so it's going to get busy now. 

I have noticed that some car manufacturers have designed a protector that would prevent this annoying and frustrating damage.

Thank you all for replying to my comments.There is not a lot more to say we will never change these faultless individuals.

• Like 1

I have noticed that some car manufacturers have designed a protector that would prevent this annoying and frustrating damage.

Thank you all for replying to my comments There is not a lot more to say we will never change the thoughtless individuals.

Edited by Johnfieasta
Wrong spelling

I've seen some cars which have a piece which pops out from inside the door and onto the edge to protect the paint. It's a nice idea but that could encourage people who have that to bump there doors on people's cars. Their door won't get damaged but the parked car next to them will. 

The door edge protectors were available as an option on the mk3 Focus...can't be that common though as I've still never seen any in the flesh!

They're only really useful if you park in a garage or against a wall though.  The Citroen Cactus idea is better, with the plastic air pockets on the doors...however making doors look bad with bumpy plastic to stop the doors looking bad from car park dents seems counterproductive...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club