Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem With Mph Gauge

smithy3007

Hi, there

i have a 51 plate ford focus, when driving the mph gauge drops and stops working all together, as this happens the rev counter stay's normal but u feel a slight drop in power. If you put the car in neutral it will stall when applying the break, then if you put it into gear while rolling it will kick in again but still the mph gauge will not work wired?. All of a sudden it will work again and you feel a boots ? this could happen more than one time on a journey. any help would be a great.

Thanks Jamie ..

Hi, there

i have a 51 plate ford focus, when driving the mph gauge drops and stops working all together, as this happens the rev counter stay's normal but u feel a slight drop in power. If you put the car in neutral it will stall when applying the break, then if you put it into gear while rolling it will kick in again but still the mph gauge will not work wired?. All of a sudden it will work again and you feel a boots ? this could happen more than one time on a journey. any help would be a great.

Thanks Jamie ..

either the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) or the dreaded instrument cluster. i think a genuine vss is about £30-£40

either the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) or the dreaded instrument cluster. i think a genuine vss is about £30-£40

ide have it checked out by ford if it was the cluster you would get it replaced for 99 quid if its just the sensor thats not so bad

ide have it checked out by ford if it was the cluster you would get it replaced for 99 quid if its just the sensor thats not so bad

I had this happen and both the VSS and cluster were replaced under warranty but that still didn't fix it. In the end it turned out the harness to the VSS was chafed through where it runs close to the gear linkage so it's worth getting the dealer to check that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club