Martyb1973

Focus Head Rests

I recently bought a 65 plate focus and really struggle with modern cars head rests as they just lean too far forward. Does anyone know of any places that sell different types that go flush with the seat rather than jutting out forwards? 

Some head ‘restraints’ have a tilt function, the ones on my 17 plate focus certainly do. Do you sit quite upright? Unfortunately some are less comfy than others but they are meant as a safety feature and not built for comfort. 

Im not sure if you can buy aftermarket ones, an upholsterer may be able to fettle yours a little though? Bear in mind that doing this will reduce their efficiency in the event of an accident and could even lead to an insurance company not paying out on a personal injury claim, should they find out of course. 

I saw on one US focus forum, a chap had adjusted the angle of his ST hearests by bending the metal arms.

I might do this if I can obtain a spare headrest, as I find it feels as if I cant put my head where I want it to be when driving...