Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sunstrips

WillT19

Hi,

Looking to buy a sunstrip for my Fiesta Black edition. Never had one before, so wondering if theres anything I need to be careful of and wondering where I can get one that wont peel and make a mess! Obviously dont want it catching on my wipers either. Can anyone recommend anywhere?

Is that the sort of thing that was on cars in the late 80s and early 90s?

The sort that goes along the top of the windscreen, which had names on like Dave on the drivers side and sue on the passenger side?

Makes me feel old, it has been years since I saw those.

Sorry I can't help with a constructive suggestion but it was good to have the memory jogged.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Is that the sort of thing that was on cars in the late 80s and early 90s?

The sort that goes along the top of the windscreen, which had names on like Dave on the drivers side and sue on the passenger side?

Makes me feel old, it has been years since I saw those.

Sorry I can't help with a constructive suggestion but it was good to have the memory jogged.

Since images appear reversed in the rear view mirror; 

In the event "Dave" drove the car in to the back of yours then the image in your rear view mirror would say " Sue Dave" for every penny.

It's got me wondering if the names on the sun strip led to the creation of the term "knob jockey"

The knob driving and the jockey in the passenger side would look good on a BMW.

Generally won't pass the MOT with a sun strip unless it's part of the factory glass, 

You could however try to argue providing the sun strip doesn't come down any lower than the actual sun visor. 

Just what you need coming in to winter though 

• Haha 2

Recently bought myself a matte black one on eBay for £3, spray the windscreen with (soapy? maybe) water, and the back of the sunstrip, and then you can slide it into position and start to apply. I did it randomly and miss the wipers by about 2-3mm. Been on there for a few months and shows no sign of wear. Love it.   Just had to very carefully cut it around the 3 sides to fit it in. 

I had a new car some years ago, I think it was a Volvo, that came with a blue sunstrip on the windscreen.

• Like 1

I bought a pre-cut one off eBay, recommend having a mate help line it up to help you fit it as makes it so much easier. I went pre cut also to fit profile of windscreen and it avoided wipers too without an issue. Just make sure its for exterior and you will be fine, mines been on nearly 2 years now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-sunstrip-for-a-gen6-2008-onwards-pre-cut-no-trimming-required/152381273840?fits=Model%3AFiesta&hash=item237aa1b6f0:g:WwUAAOSwUKxYa6fv#rwid

• Like 1