Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

1.0 125 ecoboost boost

Ecoboost_mark

Hi all 

I’m really new here I have a Mk3 2016 focus 1.0 ecoboost 125 

its running a full Airtec induction system, turbosmart dual port value, stage 1 remap, when we dynoed it it before we start it did not make the 125 like I would expect any ideas???

also recently fitted a boost gauge dose anybody know what the 1.0 125 should be boosting to ?

thanks

mark

Few reasons. Main reason is the manufacturer usually measures the power at the flywheel (in ps) rather than the front wheels (which is where a dyno measures in bhp). You can expect to be at least 10% lower due to power lost in the gearbox, driveshafts etc.

Another reason could be the mods you've put on (mainly the induction kit) will have thrown the original tune off slightly. I'm guessing you got a figure around the 110bhp mark?

A standard ecoboost will be around 15psi (125 and 140ps versions). Though I seem to remember they're limited in first gear to something like 12psi. A mapped Fiesta can get into the 20s though so you would have to ask the people who mapped your car what you should get.

Did you have the clutch recall PCM update done?  Lots of people are complaining they've lost power since then but no-ones proved it on a dyno so far...

What did it make with the map and mods?

Hi all thanks for the reply’s so far, when it was dynoed with just the airfilter and turbosmart value it only made 102.75bhp witch was disappointing then after having a stage 1 map it only made 132.72bhp witch was also a bit disappointing,

as for the clutch recall it is going in on Thursday this week to have this done but I am trying to get them to replace the clutch as mine seems to come up really high before it bites.

then on Friday the car is going in to have the map tweaked with the new mods on and pop and crackle.

Are those flywheel figures or roadwheel figures?  

Has it recently been serviced with new filters and plugs?  Any engine fault codes?

I'd put the standard parts back and test it again tbh.  Very likely to be the mods losing you power unfortunately.

• Like 1

If it was 102.7 hp at the wheels then that equates to 126bhp which is just under 128ps so about right before a map.

What map you have on at the moment will get wiped over with the pcm update.

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Are those flywheel figures or roadwheel figures?  

Has it recently been serviced with new filters and plugs?  Any engine fault codes?

I'd put the standard parts back and test it again tbh.  Very likely to be the mods losing you power unfortunately.

Those are road wheel figures.

yh the car was serviced in may they would not have changed the filter as it’s an Airtec, I don’t think they done plugs either I was going to do them myself but Halfords don’t have anything listed for my car in there part book, and I got the engine management light on but that’s because of the decat

i might take my original parts with on Friday and see

7 hours ago, iantt said:

If it was 102.7 hp at the wheels then that equates to 126bhp which is just under 128ps so about right before a map.

What map you have on at the moment will get wiped over with the pcm update.

I have a custom stage 1 map at the moment so that’s really good to know thank you cause I thought they was just going to like add the new clutch detection software on.

6 hours ago, Ecoboost_mark said:

Those are road wheel figures.

yh the car was serviced in may they would not have changed the filter as it’s an Airtec, I don’t think they done plugs either I was going to do them myself but Halfords don’t have anything listed for my car in there part book, and I got the engine management light on but that’s because of the decat

i might take my original parts with on Friday and see

Ah, they're about right then, as said above, the manufacturers measure BHP at the flywheel.  You loose some through the transmission before it reaches the wheels.  Dyno's usually calculate the tranny losses to give you a flywheel figure after measuring wheel power.

Ford may not do the PCM update if you've got the EML on btw.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club