Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What would I need to install an aftermarket HU to a 2016 W/O Nav ?

Mark240590

Hi,

a year or so ago my wife biught a pioneer SPHDA-120 but it wasn’t long until she traded the car in. It’s been sat there until now.. I’m fancying it on my car, Halfrauds want £160 for a full kit..

best I can find on eBay is this: it doesn’t specify my age of car though 😞

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112472841682

has anyone already done this to a mk3.5 ? And is that all I need ? I will want my steering controls to work too as a minimum 🙂 

Having looked at the spec of that, what’s the motivation to replace Sync with it?

It looks ok, but not really groundbreaking. 

You should be able to get the steering controls working in some form with the correct leads. I can’t say what they are because I’ve not looked but I’ve fitted different head units to other cars in the past and always find what leads I need on google.

I’ve ordered online in the past as Halfords tend to overcharge. Although for fitting that’s not bad if you’re also looking at buying that kit you link to online as there’s not a massive price difference. 

I think most people do this with a 3.5 Focus from Sync 2 to Sync 3. That’s worthwhile. But not many put third party headunits in. 

I’ll be honest, if I was buying a used focus and saw Sync had been replaced with pioneer I’d probably not buy it. However it’s each to their own and if you want it then it’s jsutification in itself. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club