Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 focus LCD display

ndtb2018

Hello, new to the forum.

Have previously read a few forums that have similar problems but can't get any solutions.

The problems I'm having is that the LCD display is showing a message engine malfunction. I have plugged the car into the computer and it says it's something to do with the brake sensor intermittent, I tried to clear the fault code but it won't go away. I have recently put a new brake light switch in and also replaced all discs and pads and two new calipers on the rear, simply as they were done. Unfortunately this did not fix the issue. 

Another problem is that the car battery is draining and will go flat occasionally, like if it is left sitting for a few days usually. But just this morning it was dead considering it was drove the day before. I believe this may be an issue with the LCD display as it's constantly on and won't turn off? 

Anybody have similar issues or have any ideas what I can do? 

The model is a Focus Titanium 2006 1.8tdci.

Thanks in advance 

On 9/25/2018 at 9:43 PM, ndtb2018 said:

Hello, new to the forum.

Have previously read a few forums that have similar problems but can't get any solutions.

The problems I'm having is that the LCD display is showing a message engine malfunction. I have plugged the car into the computer and it says it's something to do with the brake sensor intermittent, I tried to clear the fault code but it won't go away. I have recently put a new brake light switch in and also replaced all discs and pads and two new calipers on the rear, simply as they were done. Unfortunately this did not fix the issue. 

Another problem is that the car battery is draining and will go flat occasionally, like if it is left sitting for a few days usually. But just this morning it was dead considering it was drove the day before. I believe this may be an issue with the LCD display as it's constantly on and won't turn off? 

Anybody have similar issues or have any ideas what I can do? 

The model is a Focus Titanium 2006 1.8tdci.

Thanks in advance 

You could really do with knowing what (if any) the DTCs are that are being stored when the error message is displayed, otherwise you could end up just replacing component after component blindly until you happen to replace the offending item.

I previously had a similar issue where the ECU was only getting an intermittent signal from one of the ABS sensors (1 is attached to each wheel hub), the issue in my case was wiring to the sensor had become damaged so as I drove along and the wire moved around it kept breaking and restoring the connection.  Using an ELM327 cable and Forscan software (free) to pull the DTC (error codes) would be handy (saves you paying a garage £50 for the privilege of telling you what the error codes are) it would also allow you to see what the ABS/wheel speed sensors are reporting so you would be able to see if all 4 were reporting a consistent signal etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club