Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shift Indicator on Mk2 Focus

LTIronWolf

Hi all,

After doing routine maintenance on my car and doing an LED test on my cluster using the hidden service menu, I noticed my cluster is fitted with a shift indicator light (yellow or red arrow) along with a few other things, and I was wondering if there's any way to enable the indicator or what needs to be done for it to activate.

Personally I wouldn't bother. You'll quickly find yourself ignoring it because it activates at inappropriate times and it's just another distraction you can do without.

• Like 1

The fact that the instrument cluster has a shift-up light does not mean that it is supported by the PCM.

The Focus Mk2 instrument cluster only has a shift-up light that is activated (red) just before the rev limiter kicks in (most people never rev the engine that high). However to be functional both the PCM hardware and PCM software needs to support this function. Unfortunately there are several PCM hardware/software versions that do not support this function.

Earlier MK2.5 instrument clusters did have a red shift-up light like the MK2. Late MK2.5 instrument clusters did have a green ECO shift-up light. The ECO shift-up functionality was introduced on the ECOnetic TDCI version. On all other engine types the ECO shift-up function can be activated in the instrument cluster configuration but again to be functional both the PCM hardware and PCM software needs to support this function. 

• Like 1

A couple of the trucks at work have this feature and I always think it lights up far too early! Still plenty of grunt left in that powerband! 😈

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club