Do Not Sell My Personal Information

dashboard cluster

Kenster

☹️ common problem I know cannot connect to this and that limp mode thinks its being stolen . The question is I have found replacement cluster with same numbers but different letters at the end can this still be used ? Will it need a full diagnostic to marry it to the car. any help please. cheers

What model are you using? 

I seem to recall this discussed on here in the past and on the MK3 it’s straight forward as long as you use another MK3 cluster. A 3.5 cluster may cause issues or require some reprogramming. 

As long as it’s petrol for petrol or diesel for diesel you should be ok. 

On 9/29/2018 at 12:15 PM, Kenster said:

The question is I have found replacement cluster with same numbers but different letters at the end can this still be used ?

It will be a lot of work to use a replacement Cluster. The PATS (immobiliser) info is stored in there, so you will need Forscan with an extended license, and have to follow some fairly critical procedures to re-programme it. Or pay a Ford dealer, or a good locksmith or auto-electrician to do it.

The different letters at the end may mean a different engine. The diesel & petrol clusters have some significant differences.

I repaired a Cluster fault for free, it was just a couple of dud solder joints. In my case it refused to start, as the immobiliser became locked on. There are also places offering to repair it for about £100. A local radio / TV repair shop may also be able to repair it if the problem is visually evident, as it was in my case once the thing was dismantled.

Cheers I have found a company to repair and test  if it can be fixed it will come back with lifetime guarantee.... Lol I don't think the car will last that long

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends what they mean by "lifetime". That's a very broad definition that could mean anything.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club