Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Headlight Setting MOT

TDCi Titanium

Hey guys, wondering which number I should set my headlight adjustment to for the MOT test?

Looking back at my cars MOT history its only failed once and that was headlight aim too low.

Thanks

I used to leave my ST24 on 1 or 0.5, but I think the tester will always change it to 0.

The tester can adjust the internal adjuster to pass it but it should always be on 0 or - if the cars unloaded. 

If it fails on headlight aim, the physical adjustment on the light needs sorting.  It's also a common fail to create an easy retest and squeeze money out of people that don't know about cars. :rolleyes: 

Thanks guys! Yeah i didnt want to have to bring it back for something so silly!

in my experience the headlights can get low over the years due to front springs sagging under the weight of the engine. It is easy for MOT tester to adjust them and it takes seconds. But some places will charge a tenner for those few seconds. A friendly MOT tester will do it free and might not even tell you they needed adjusting. Cut price MOT test fee often means they will try to make up the reduction by charging loads for a few seconds work.

Just had my Fiesta in today for annual service and MOT with my local Ford official dealer (Jennings).

When I collected it I was told there was a note to say that 'headlamp adjustment had been made by internal switch to correct alignment'.
When I got in the car I noticed it was set to 0 but I honestly don't know what it was before as I have never touched it myself.

So ..... I would say that if you are being charged for this you are being ripped off!

re charge for adjustment, I was really talking about where they use a screwdriver on the headlamp unit where the dashboard adjustment can not achieve the correct setting (eg. can't get the headlamps high enough due to sagging front springs)

I'd be surprised if modern springs lasted long enough to sag...they usually snap long before then... :rolleyes:

£10 doesn't seem that bad for adjustment tbf, 2 of my relatives were charged £30 for it!!  Both at major chain garages in different areas.  Both clueless, elderly women...  😒

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club