Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.0 Ecoboost 140 2018 Has anybody remapped one ?

Frank1e

As the title,has anybody remapped a 1.0 ecoboost 140 focus,what is their to be gained ?

The 140 HP version of the 1.0 ECOboost is identical to the 125 HP version.

After remapping the 125 and 140 HP versions will be identical. Just look at the 125 HP remap values to calculate the gain in power/torque.

Some claim stage one to around 165 and stage 2 180 I think 180 would be safe limit. It can be over 200 but would need more internal work forging n stuff.

Thanks for replys, so the 125 and 140 are identical except the mapping ? Just wondering if anybody has done it and how it drives and any changes in mpg ?

Mk 3 or mk 4??? 

I have spoken to Superchips and they are a long way off getting anything sorted for the Mk 4. Same 1.0 engine, completely different ECU based on the ECU in the new Fiesta ST, apparently. 

The MK4 has not the same 1.0 ECOboost engine as the MK3/MK3.5.

A lot of things have changed. The new 1.0 ECOboost is chain driven instead of wetbelt driven like it was before and the cylinder head and bottom end have a completely different design. 

To be honest in my opinion the new 1.0 ECOboost is not nearly as good as the older version of this engine. The new 1.0 ECOboost is noisier (possibly caused by the timing chain) and a lot less refined.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

The MK4 has not the same 1.0 ECOboost engine as the MK3/MK3.5.

A lot of things have changed. The new 1.0 ECOboost is chain driven instead of wetbelt driven like it was before and the cylinder head and bottom end have a completely different design. 

To be honest in my opinion the new 1.0 ECOboost is not nearly as good as the older version of this engine. The new 1.0 ECOboost is noisier (possibly caused by the timing chain) and a lot less refined.

You've noticed it being noiser too?  I've jumped in and out of quite a few now and they all sound the same , not necessarily rattley but certainly sound different to the mk3/3.5 . It's as if it's not balanced as well. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club