Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OBD Code reader and vehicle diagnostics

G4TRA

Can anyone recommend a good vehicle diagnostics tool that will do all the usual stuff. I have a 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium X and want a tool box diagnostics reader/reset/advise unit for when the inevitable dash light illuminates. I need something more than just a fault code reader, if you know what I mean.

Any thoughts please?

Steve

You want a modified elm327 adapter

Type: 153070327324 into eBay to get an idea

Then download forscan (https://forscan.org/) free to use and not only can it read faults but it can program modules and do service tasks (used it on mine for abs bleed, I have same car as you)

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the advise and at £12.95 the OBD2 interface from Proscan looks the business. I have downloaded Forscan and cant wait to try it out on the car.

I will report back.

Steve

OK Proscan ELM327 adapter arrived this morning. Loaded drivers on to PC and plugged into car. Got them all talking to each other and had a play. Well firstly there were no fault codes apparent on the car, even though my partner had told me the ABS light had been on (maybe it was the hand brake light?).

So, is there any FORscan freebie software experts out there that can tell me what I can do with this set up? For instance can I play with the security settings, locking the doors at a set road speed, etc. Can I reset the oil monitor and other service parameters. Can I read service parameters such as when services were completed. Maybe just tell me what you have used the FORscan software for on your Fiesta, or other Fords for that matter

Thanks

Steve

11 hours ago, G4TRA said:

OK Proscan ELM327 adapter arrived this morning. Loaded drivers on to PC and plugged into car. Got them all talking to each other and had a play. Well firstly there were no fault codes apparent on the car, even though my partner had told me the ABS light had been on (maybe it was the hand brake light?).

So, is there any FORscan freebie software experts out there that can tell me what I can do with this set up? For instance can I play with the security settings, locking the doors at a set road speed, etc. Can I reset the oil monitor and other service parameters. Can I read service parameters such as when services were completed. Maybe just tell me what you have used the FORscan software for on your Fiesta, or other Fords for that matter

Thanks

Steve

The ABS might not have logged an error, even if it did display on dash. Though it would have tho. 

I used forscan module programming to change my normal MFD to a SatNav unit, to change back to MPH from KPH set by the SatNav unit, I disabled the gear up light (as it always caught my eye!).

Sadly you cannot set close at speed, for saftey reasons apparently. Can't see service stuff either, module versions, etc.

Although if you sign up on ford etis and still get your car serviced at Ford, then you can see information about the modules, including hardware model, software model, last updated, etc.