Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake vibrations

CharlieUK

I have a Fiesta Mk7.5 2016, Titanium 1.0 ecoboost.

sincei bought it last year I have had problems when braking, the usual symptoms of disk warping were very apparent so I took it back to the dealer who replaced. Both front pads and brakes, cheaper then I was expecting, total cost was £30 for pads and disks, they were changed as I checked myself at home.

The noise and sensation had subsided by  a large margin but was still there, so I decided to replace the pads and disks myself with quality parts from Brembo.

Im sure I did everything correctly, pushed the calliper back, smeared anti vibration grease on the back of the pads, did all the recommended bedding in process, yet almost 6 months later the noise and sensation is still there, yet ther is no evidence of disk warp, I am very careful about braking hard and sitting with my foot on the brakes, I do between 70 to 100 miles a week.

the sensation is different to the first warped disk feel, it’s more like a wub wub wub like a grinding gritty feel. I’ve tried a long motorway run to try and burn off any crap but it’s still there.

even taken off the pads to check.

has anyone got any sugestions.?

You did take the guide pins out and clean them up aswell I assume?

When you put the disc back on, did you use a DTI to measure the run out? It's usually not needed but yours may not be sitting flat on the hub. 

I had the same problem on a MK5, ended up that that the front wheel bearing (done by a Ford dealer) wasn't right. Kept "warping" disks as not square. Independent found it with a run out guage after 3 sets of brake discs

I did cleanup the guide pins and applied a little anti squeal grease, the suggestion on the disk not lying flat could be possible, as I’m sure you know, once the wheel is off, guide pins out and the calliper is removed the disk does move about a bit.

I forgot to mention Both front bearings were replaced as a precaution, the front offside bearing had gone as had the front offside hub. Both wheels are balanced and tracking all fine.

I will look at taking off the disks and cleaning up  the surface of the hub, then check for runout, the problem is that there is not a separate nut to hold the disk to the hub, it’s the pressure of the calliper and the wheel that keeps it central ( Or so)

Just put a couple lug nuts on without the wheel and tighten them down a bit. It's best practice to do that anyway to keep the disc in place whilst you bolt the caliper back on. They usually go down the thread far enough to meet the disk, if not then just add a few washers.