Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiestas super uncomfortable car

Xlasis

My mistake was before buy the car i have never drive or travel on passenger side, is been 3 month I'm owning fiesta its super sexy super driving but god sake super uncomfortable, if you passed small hole you can feel like that small hole is like huge all vibrating and shaking annoying! 

What size wheels do you have:

Fiestas on 17-inch rims are rock hard. Like driving on no tyres at all. 16-inch wheels with deeper profile tyres will improve it without affecting the handling

Wheel size and suspension set up can affect ride comfort. I have a mk6.5 fiesta zetec s which has 16 inch alloys with low profile tires and ST like stiff suspension setup. To be honest it's not that bad the ride however don't know if that's to do with my young body 🤣

I have 195/50R16V tyres and the ride is very reasonable and the handling superb.

It's all down to personal preference I have 195 50 r16 tyres and find it a bit soft so put a bit of extra air in the tyres to help firm it up a bit.

The roads I normally have to drive on are pretty poor, but despite being an OAP with back problems, I find the ST-Line (205/45R17 tyres) strikes a good balance between ride and handling and certainly rides more comfortably than some of the "premium" brands I've owned or driven in the past. My issue, as I've reported on other threads, is the seat, but even that seems to have diminished over the 8 months I've had the car - perhaps I've squashed it into a better shape!😀

Ride comfort is subjective, nothing Fiesta-sized is comfortable enough for me personally, the poor ride aggravates my health issues.  Have to stick to Focus/Golf sized cars, but even still there are some with an awful ride, particularly BMW/Audi which are designed for autobahn cruising, not B road bashing.

• Like 1

Depends if you have the Zetec S or standard suspension. Zetec S is 10mm lower and “sports tuned” (stiffer springs and higher damper rates). 

I run 16” wheels with 205/45 tyres and it’s taken some of the “crash” out of potholes. 

I have a black edition, I think it's running 17 inch wheels, might be wrong, but it is pretty hard when going over any potholes and speed bumps. Fine on normal roads though so doesn't really bother me. 

• 2 weeks later...

Try riding in a BMW with 20 inch wheels and 30 profile tyres. The fiesta is spongy by comparison lol. 

Yep - 17" inch wheels with low profile tyres on ST suspension is definitely 'firm' at low speeds...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ST suspension is very sturdy with the 205/40 tyres on the 17" wheels, but going into corners I'd like it to be stiffer as there still seems to be too much body roll into tight corners, so I'll probably look into the whiteline rear anti roll bars to try and keep it level.

21 hours ago, STJAY said:

ST suspension is very sturdy with the 205/40 tyres on the 17" wheels, but going into corners I'd like it to be stiffer as there still seems to be too much body roll into tight corners, so I'll probably look into the whiteline rear anti roll bars to try and keep it level.

Take a look at the various torsion bar inserts for the twist beam as an alternative. Pierce Motorsports, Ultra Racing, Summit, etc. Fitting is a 10 min job at home, and they have the same effect as a rear ARB. 

• Like 1