Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How bad is it?

bronc

Hit a curb entering a petrol station yesterday. It was pretty high and I was doing probably 20-30km/h. The car is currently with the dealer but they are waiting for the insurance company to first take photos and make a list with the damaged components. 45420b631eb8cfa07bd74df3a879181e.jpg

Not quite sure mate. I was making a turn to enter the petrol station and looked on my left to see if any cars are coming. Next thing I hear is the hit. It wasn't very strong. I thought I had punctured the tire or something but the damage is pretty substantial. I guess I hit it straight on. The height of the curb didn't help.. Looks like there have been previous accidents there.. 70053250a5195bb717f4d1daad1a2f4b.jpg&key=e1638de982cbbbb7758a0644ddf949037de674b4f7ecedb9dd8d578fecaaf85a

The drive shaft pulled out when I jacked the car and turned the wheel to see what's the damage. Not more than 100-200ml oil ran out and I haven't started the car since then. Is this transmission/diff oil that leaked?

Yes it will be gearbox oil. Suppose the level would be around the level of the bottom of the drive shaft anyway.

I take it everything else is straight? No banana shaped drop link or steering rack?

• 1 month later...