Do Not Sell My Personal Information

oil light

mgmspain

Hi I have a 2013 1.5tdci fiesta  and the engine oil light takes about 4/5 seconds to go out  when first starting up then about 3/4 seonds when the engine is warm , to me it seems like the oil is draining back from the pump as if after stopping I re start the light is out  in 1 second , but wait 1 minute and restart then it,s 3/4 seconds. the oil is 5/30 full synthetic and changed every 4000 km as I live in spain .Is there a valve in the oil filter to stop drain back ie the lug on the oil filter. Any help would be great regards mike 

1 hour ago, mgmspain said:

Hi I have a 2013 1.5tdci fiesta  and the engine oil light takes about 4/5 seconds to go out  when first starting up then about 3/4 seonds when the engine is warm , to me it seems like the oil is draining back from the pump as if after stopping I re start the light is out  in 1 second , but wait 1 minute and restart then it,s 3/4 seconds. the oil is 5/30 full synthetic and changed every 4000 km as I live in spain .Is there a valve in the oil filter to stop drain back ie the lug on the oil filter. Any help would be great regards mike 

How much oil is on the dipstick?

Hi thanks for reply the oil level is correct and I have replaced the oil pressure switch. even changed to multi 10w30 oil  ,but still the same now back to repsol 5w30 full synthetic even fords oil had the same problem.Ido not think it is a big problem as all surfaces will have oil protection  and it is only 4 seconds but I would be happy if the light went out after 2 seconds . regards mike

i have 1.5tdci fiesta. that does sound to me like it is taking longer than it should for the light to go out. I don't know enough about the engine to know if there is a valve. Having changed the oil filter myself I know that there is a protusion on the bottom of it that has an o ring on it and the oil filter has to be fitted in a certain position so the protusion goes into a particular hole in the bottom of the oil filter recess. So I am wondering if it is because the filter has not been fitted correctly, but I do not really know what the protusion is there for. 

(in case anyone is wondering, these are paper filters that go under a screw on black plastic cap, they are not the all in one metal canister type filters). 

filter looks like this here

https://www.banggood.com/Car-Oil-Filter-Insert-Paper-Element-for-Ford-Fiesta-1_6-1_4-TDCI-1109AY-HU7162X-p-1064380.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Hi ISETTA yes you are correct about the lug on the paper filter, Every time I have changed the oil and filter  always double checked the lug has located in it,s correct position. So I am certain that is not the cause of my problem.As I have noticed that a instant restart light is out in 1/2 seconds but leave for more than 2 mins.  then 3/4 seconds  so to me it seems like oil drain  back from the pump?.Any more  info   from a ford tech, person please  post . thanks.

Does anyone reading this know what the lug with it's O ring does on the bottom of the filter. I have always wondered this when I have regularly changed the filter on my diesel Fiestas for over 10 years.

mgmspain - does this behaviour with the oil light coincide with the last change of filter or coincide with anything else

Hi ISETTA. I have own the car for 15months and from day one the light has always taken   4seconds to go out it did concern me but had 12months warrenty and I hope that it is not a big problem as it is only few more seconds. It is just me  I like things to work correctly .It would be great if  you and I can find out what the lug and oil ring is for .It must be pressure related hence the o ring. Rgards Mike

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club