Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 Map Update (September 2018)

Minty_

I've recently updated my 2017 Focus with the September Sync 3 Map update available from Ford's website (the 22GB file).

Everything went as per the instructions and after loading for about 80 minutes I got a popup with "Installation Complete. You may now remove your USB device...."

However, the log file that should have been created in the USB flash drive's SyncMyRide folder was not created. So I cannot upload the log file on Ford's website to confirm the update was done and receive future updates.

I've checked and the USB flash drive was formatted correctly (ex-fat) as per the instructions. I've tried re-inserting the USB flash drive and I got the same popup "Installation Complete. You may now remove your USB device...." but no log file.

Any advice would be appreciated.

[originally posted on Technical Knowledge forum]

5 hours ago, Minty_ said:

I've recently updated my 2017 Focus with the September Sync 3 Map update available from Ford's website (the 22GB file).

Everything went as per the instructions and after loading for about 80 minutes I got a popup with "Installation Complete. You may now remove your USB device...."

However, the log file that should have been created in the USB flash drive's SyncMyRide folder was not created. So I cannot upload the log file on Ford's website to confirm the update was done and receive future updates.

I've checked and the USB flash drive was formatted correctly (ex-fat) as per the instructions. I've tried re-inserting the USB flash drive and I got the same popup "Installation Complete. You may now remove your USB device...." but no log file.

Any advice would be appreciated.

[originally posted on Technical Knowledge forum]

When I updated to F7 maps & nav my car updated Ford over its Wifi connection.

To clarify, This was an update from the Ford SYNC & Maps software update website https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/status/

My Focus already had the F7 map update from its wifi connection.

This map update came up after I entered the VIN number on the above web page and checked the status of my car. The file size was 22 Gigabytes (yes, 22 Gig!!) and took ages to download.

4 hours ago, Minty_ said:

To clarify, This was an update from the Ford SYNC & Maps software update website https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/status/

My Focus already had the F7 map update from its wifi connection.

This map update came up after I entered the VIN number on the above web page and checked the status of my car. The file size was 22 Gigabytes (yes, 22 Gig!!) and took ages to download.

The maps don't update over Wifi. The F7 Map and Nav update is the 22GB file you downloaded.