Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Focus 2006 engine system fault


scoop64
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have a problem with recent require 2006 1.4 focus petrol, was told my previous owner there is a fault with car the fault as only showed up now, the car drives fine but sometimes  if you let it idle for a few minutes engine system fault on dash and revs between 1100 and 1500 up and down quickly, if you stop and restart car runs fine,   i know needs to connect to diagnostics, but anyone came across this before, thanks.

ps can you upload videos on here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Best way to upload videos is to do it on YouTube and post the link here.

I'm sure people have had that fault, but it's pointless having a wild guess without first reading the codes. I'd recommend a modified ELM327 cable (about £15 from Tunnelrat) and Forscan (free) if you want the best chance of pulling a code.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2018 at 7:22 PM, scoop64 said:

Have a problem with recent require 2006 1.4 focus petrol, was told my previous owner there is a fault with car the fault as only showed up now, the car drives fine but sometimes  if you let it idle for a few minutes engine system fault on dash and revs between 1100 and 1500 up and down quickly, if you stop and restart car runs fine,   i know needs to connect to diagnostics, but anyone came across this before, thanks.

ps can you upload videos on here?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Friend put a code reader on it (a cheap one) no fault codes logged even though the fault occur whiles doing it. maybe need for more  specialist equipment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

If what I suggested above doesn't pull a code then a 'proper one doesn't have much more of a chance.

It was one those eBay cheap ones but it has pulled codes from other cars before without a problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scoop64 said:

It was one those Ebay cheap ones but it has pulled codes from other cars before without a problem

Cheap readers will only pull down generic codes. If the car is throwing up proprietary codes you will need the kit Luke suggested to see them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

update, took car on in for dagnostics, now fixed €100, turned out to be instrument cluster, taken out ,resolder ,reprogrammed, left running twice now for 10 minutes since collected, no fault occurred, thought €100 (£87) wasn't to bad for what he had to do.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

One good thing about this focus it was given to me  for nothing because if i paid for it i would be pis...off, well im  pis.. off anyway,so took car back yesterday, he done same fix again dash out resolder, he said 99% of the time this will fix it, if not it could be accelerator  pedal ? , drove from work tonight, let it idle for 6 mins same fault kick in again😡!, so now it goes back for a third time,think ill just sell it on, but i wouldn't sell it without letting the buyer know about the fault, because you  easily could because you have to leave it 6 to 10 minutes for fault to kick in, not many people would when looking at the car, otherwise it drives fine.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, scoop64 said:

but i wouldn't sell it without letting the buyer know about the fault, because you  easily could because you have to leave it 6 to 10 minutes for fault to kick in, not many people would when looking at the car

Exactly! That would make you an arsehole if you didn't tell them. You said you got the car for nothing and there was a reason why. I strongly believe in not trying to scam people to make a quick buck. You say it ows you nothing so any money you make is profit anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Luke4efc said:

Exactly! That would make you an arsehole if you didn't tell them. You said you got the car for nothing and there was a reason why. I strongly believe in not trying to scam people to make a quick buck. You say it ows you nothing so any money you make is profit anyway.

As i said wouldn't con anyone, if i sell the buyer will know what they are getting into, as you say i cant lose on the car, even if i sell for €200 i still make €100 profit ,one thing i noticed tonight while parked up and left to idle,car idling at 1000 rpm, put heater fan on then idles at 800rpm turn fan off back to 1000rpm, fan on/off goes from 1000 to 800? anyone know why this would happen?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Finally think this car is fix ,took it back it but was charged another €70,  because more then one fault code this time, air flow meter fault apparently, anyway left car on idle 3 times today after collecting for 15 minutes, fault didn't show up, so hope this is the last of it, don't know whether to keep it as spare car or sell on now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership