Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD FOCUS 2016 FOGLIGHT WITH RUNNING LIGHTS AND DRL

paulimat

I HAVE A 2016 FORD FOCUS ZETEC IT HAS RUNNING LIGHTS BULT INTO HEADLIGHTS BUT WOULD LIKE TO

FOR FOGLIGHT SURROUNDS WITH ADDITIONAL RUNING LIGHTS/TURN SIGNALS DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE

I CAN GET SOME AND THE WIRING INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE

Be aware that UK lighting regs say that you can only have one pair of front indicators (and only one or two rear indicators) so you'll have to leave the indicator function disconnected or disconnect the original ones. I think DRLs are the same- one set only. DRLs should also dim or switch off when you turn the sidelights on, so make sure to wire them properly and don't be that obnoxious prat running round with too-bright DRLs on at night.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/7/made

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:40 PM, paulimat said:

cheers is there no one who does them to buy in uk ??

Don't think so, there are some on eBay as well but they all seem to be posted from China.  Probably not enough demand for them over here.  

5 hours ago, Wookie Monster said:

Be aware that UK lighting regs say that you can only have one pair of front indicators (and only one or two rear indicators) so you'll have to leave the indicator function disconnected or disconnect the original ones.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/7/made

Well, I didn't know that!  After all, wing mirror repeaters are very visible from the front, more so than the front ones on some cars lol.  I've also had some aftermarket headlights with 3 separate indicator LEDs, albeit grouped together, I wonder whether those are technically illegal?  The CANBUS wouldn't like extra bulbs so I'm guessing the headlight indicator probably would be disconnected for these.  I just thought they looked cool tbh, only seen one set in the flesh so far! :biggrin:  

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, I didn't know that!  After all, wing mirror repeaters are very visible from the front, more so than the front ones on some cars lol. 

They count as 'side indicators' and you can have as many of those as you like. There's arguably a grey area between being a side indicator or a front indicator, but the light is mostly to the side of the vehicle so they are fine even if you can also see them from the front at some angles.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I've also had some aftermarket headlights with 3 separate indicator LEDs, albeit grouped together, I wonder whether those are technically illegal? 

If they're sufficiently close together, they count as a single lamp even if there are several light sources- same as the third brake light which is usually a row of smaller bulbs. I think it's only recently that sequential indicators have become legal, though they still have to be amber- no US-style flashing brake lights allowed as on the Mustang.