Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre box delete

Midnightsky

Hi all new to foc, been searching internet for centre silencer delete pros and cons.

Basically I know it will be abit louder but is there any pros in performance when getting it done before a remap

It's a fiesta 1.6 ti vct metal edition which I believe has wider diameter exhaust front to back from stock anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated many thanks 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Midnightsky said:

Hi all new to foc, been searching internet for centre silencer delete pros and cons.

Basically I know it will be abit louder but is there any pros in performance when getting it done before a remap

It's a fiesta 1.6 ti vct metal edition which I believe has wider diameter exhaust front to back from stock anyway.

Any help would be much appreciated many thanks 

I believe it's called the resonator section, and removing a resonator won't make any difference to the flow inside the exhaust because it's already a straight section, it only looks different because it has a lagging around the outside filled with glass wool like insulation in your attic, 

Its purpose is to resonate the drone sound from the exhaust from traveling inside the cabin to the driver and passengers which would annoy you a lot when driving in 5th at consistent speed constant hum and vibration, 

Alternativly look at fitting a 200 Cell catalyst it's a lot more free flow than a standard cat yet still MOT compliant 

• Thanks 1

What brand would you recommend when fitting a sports cat ? 

And will it fit oem exhaust taa

There's not much to be gained by remapping a N/A engine anyway. You're talking a few HP with some bolt ons. All in all, not a noticeable difference in power.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club