Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Recall

vicarofsheff

My local dealer has informed me that there is a recall on the Aircon pully.

There was also one for the adaptive steering a bit ago if you haven't had that done.

Apparently that recall was done on mine before I bought it but thanks 

I noticed there was one for mine for AC pulley while I was checking something on Ford Etis site.  Phoned my dealer who confirmed and said he would order parts and phone with a date for fitting.   Nothing so far...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

I had a peek at Etis before looking at these forums today, nothing on there about my Edge requring this, will have another look.

Happy motoring

Dave

Hope you have a better dealer than mine, took it in for A/C pully to be done twice, both times they blamed ford for sending the wrong parts, still awaiting parts ariving after another week.

Still waiting on dealer phoning re parts .  Good job were not off the road. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

my airco pulley departed my car in December 2017 on the motorway,

They recovered the car.

Yesterday they did the recall notice again because they where not sure of unit that was replaced in dec 2017

Dont wait to long or you will be standing on the side of the road !!!!

On 1/8/2019 at 6:21 AM, gewdraa said:

Hi all

my airco pulley departed my car in December 2017 on the motorway,

They recovered the car.

Yesterday they did the recall notice again because they where not sure of unit that was replaced in dec 2017

Dont wait to long or you will be standing on the side of the road !!!!

Still not heard from the garage about my new pully they don't seem to care.

1 minute ago, vicarofsheff said:

Still not heard from the garage about my new pully they don't seem to care.

My Edge went in for a service (18000 miles) in December with both recalls showing on Etis. The service department advised they were still waiting for the steering wheel from Canada (or wherever they come from) but it was ordered late summer when the recall first appeared for my Edge & they were also waiting for the A/C pulley parts. However, when I picked up the car they then advised the A/C pulley had been done, no mention of it on the paperwork but it has disappeared from Etis. TBH I'm not convinced they actually did anything! Anyway I await to hear when the steering wheel recall will be sorted.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a recall letter rang dealer and car was booked in for this morning at 8:00am dropped car off got home only to received a phone call to say they couldn't do it as they didn't have a certain tool they need to do the job. You would think that would be one thing they should have known??

I don't know what all the fuss is about. There is only one clutch kit. The kit comprises a clutch assembly and a new bolt. Plus a revised torque setting for the bolt.

The special tool mentioned is only necessary if, after the new clutch is fitted, the air gap needs adjusting, most don't.

Additionally, if the clutch does come off the front of the compressor it's not a recovery scenario as the compressor pulley is still firmly attached to the compressor.

Some dealers are experts at making things seem much worse than they really are.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I rang my dealer several weeks ago after receiving the recall letter, to book the car in for the pulley recall. Went through to the call centre who booked it in for me for today. Dropped the car off at the dealer at 8:30 this morning, walked to the railway station to pick up my wife's car and drove it home. She'd gone in to work especially on the train so I could use her car to get home.
I'd just got home when the dealer rang me...sorry we can't do the pulley for you today as we are waiting for the correct tool. So, I asked why it had been booked in if this was the case and was told that the call centre doesn't know which garages have the tool and which don't. I suggested that they should be told then! Not impressed at all. Why can't these dealers look the previous day at work that is due in to ensure they can actually do the work and, if they can't, ring the customer so that they don't have a wasted trip? It's not rocket science is it?

They almost certainly won't need the tool..............................

H

10 hours ago, Hamster said:

They almost certainly won't need the tool..............................

H

I know, I read your previous post Kevin...a pity I didn't see it before taking my car in! I just wanted to add it to make sure people were aware in case anyone else gets fobbed off. Even if the tool was needed, surely a garage could look at their appointments for the next day or two and identify ones they can't do (for whatever reason) and then ring the customer to save a wasted journey. 

Took mine into Essex Ford yesterday to have this recall work done and was told it was a big job and that they required the car for the day. Took it in at 1 o'clock and got a call at 4-30 telling me the work was completed and car ready for collection, got a free valet as well so can't complain really.

1 hour ago, Mazzie said:

Took mine into Essex Ford yesterday to have this recall work done and was told it was a big job and that they required the car for the day. Took it in at 1 o'clock and got a call at 4-30 telling me the work was completed and car ready for collection, got a free valet as well so can't complain really.

How long??? These ford dealers are joking surely . It takes a maximum of 45mins to do and more likely 30 mins. And that includes airgap check/adjust. Also special tool is not required , dealers have been told so. 

Got mine done last week. They told me it would take an hour and a half but I was in and out in an hour. No issues, no bullsh*t. Good dealer. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Got mine done last week. They told me it would take an hour and a half but I was in and out in an hour. No issues, no bullsh*t. Good dealer. 

Good to hear some dealers are efficient and honest. 

Took mine to Allen Fords today for the second time to get this recall done. Received the phone call four hours later that they had snapped the bolt and it needs a new air con unit,they tried to make a joke of at least I’ll get a free re gas. They also wanted to know if I wanted to leave car there for 5-7 days while waiting for parts to come in ,no thanks what damage could they do in that time😀

My dealer said he couldn't get the clutch off so had to remove complete AC pump and do it on bench.   No way that one was falling off !

Mine was supposed to be going in tomorrow for this having been booked in 4 weeks ago. Dealer rang this morning to say they didn't have the part and they were on back order.  Didn't have a clue when the part might arrive 😑

1 hour ago, KugaEdge said:

Mine was supposed to be going in tomorrow for this having been booked in 4 weeks ago. Dealer rang this morning to say they didn't have the part and they were on back order.  Didn't have a clue when the part might arrive 😑

At least they called you BEFORE you left the car with them, unlike @Quofan !!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sat in the dealer waiting for it to be done now. Asked them to look at the heavy condensation in the centre rear light cluster and an issue with the tow module that they fitted last year (it's incorrectly coded, doesn't disable the rear park sensors or the blis when trailer is connected).

Aircon recall done, agreed new centre rear light cluster needed under warranty so ordered and tow module reconfigured.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club