Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Titanium 2008- Cambelt

c1403
聽Share

Forgive me as I know nothing about cars (apart from they are costing me a fortune at the moment and dare I say it I am female)

I inherited a 58 plate Focus Titanium 2.0 Diesel three years ago from a work colleague. The car now has 118,000 miles on the clock and I've no idea if the Cambelt was ever changed or if perhaps it's a cam chain (my colleague only had the car to drive to Spain and back). Anyway, I've just spent a fortune on a new fuel injector and a failed MOT.

Do I need to be thinking about a Cambelt change too?聽

Planning to try and sell the car after Christmas as I now do the school run by car and this car is too powerful/big for the little country roads I drive.

Thank you

馃檪

2.0L TDCI in the Focus is a PSA engine and therefore belt driven. They're due at 10 years or 125k miles, whichever comes first. The car's 10 years old now and only 7,000 away from that 125k mark.

So yeah, it's due around now if it's never been done before.

If you're part-exing the car to a dealer within the next month or two then I'm not sure I'd聽 bother. It wouldn't really affect how much they'd give you for it and will cost you a fair bit of money for someone else.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

2.0L TDCI in the Focus is a PSA engine and therefore belt driven. They're due at 10 years or 125k miles, whichever comes first. The car's 10 years old now and only 7,000 away from that 125k mark.

So yeah, it's due around now if it's never been done before.

If you're part-exing the car to a dealer within the next month or two then I'm not sure I'd聽 bother. It wouldn't really affect how much they'd give you for it and will cost you a fair bit of money for someone else.

+1

If having the cambelt and water pump done costs 拢350+ you definitely won't get that back when you trade in.聽 If you end up keeping the car the I'd definitely get it done, if it's going I really wouldn't worry about it.聽 If you part-ex it, the dealer will have a garage that does these kinds of jobs at a reduce rate so it's no big deal to them but saves you spending another few hundred quid with no hope of getting it back.

• Like 1

Cam belt changes are a big job and so a lot of the cost is labour. If you're keeping the car it's worth doing, but for a part-ex then don't bother.

• Like 1

Cheers. I think we want to get rid of it but not sure when, may just get it done anyway....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club